cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
ThatGarenGuy
Retired
Retired
609 340 32 801
Message 1 of 6
Flag Post

Approved Desktop Computer October 2010 Featured Threads!

HP Recommended

Add new threads here during October. Will go live Nov 1.

I worked for HP.
0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
SandyD
Level 7
946 876 11 88
Message 2 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Can't read OS DVD but can read Diag CD from blank sata drive...

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Operating-systems-and-software/Can-t-read-OS-DVD-but-can-read-Diag-CD-f...

Adding More Memory to m9600t

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Hardware/Adding-More-Memory-to-m9600t/m-p/341502

• Clicking the "Kudos star" to the left is a great way to say thanks!

• When your problem has been solved, accept the solution by clicking the "Accept as Solution" button to help other members in the future!

Rules of Participation
0 Kudos
ricosuave
Level 1
12 12 0 1
Message 3 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Desktop will stay with the current featured threads we have. Garen; of the 2 recommended threads this month one is some trash talking of a notebook and the other is about 3rd party vendors for Memory. I don't think these are good choices to apply universally across the entire Desktop space. Perhaps the objective needs to be revisited and discussed within the team.

0 Kudos
DaniW
Retired
Retired
780 512 30 379
Message 4 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

These are the three featured thread at present Richard please confirm that this is what the team wants to carry forwrd

Featured Topics: Desktop Computers & Monitors

Question regarding upgrading my video card

I have an HP Media Center PC m7674n that I bought in 2006. At the time, I upgraded the system to run with an ATI HD X1950 Pro Video card (I believe a bigger power supply was added).   I still really like the computer; however, I want to upgrade the video card to a newer ATI product.   I really like the new ATI, in particular the ATI HD 5000 series but I am unsure on how to proceed based upon what the needs might be.   Thank you.

• Author: csml1
  • Posted: 04-24-2010

What is "FACTORY_IMAGE (D:)

I recently purchased an HP (Compaq) for my grandkids with Windows 7.  When I bought it, I was told that it did not come with the Windows7 CD and they offered to make a "Backup" DVD set (which I had to pay for) in case I had problems and had to "Restore" my system.   When I pickup up the computer they gave me the "Backup" DVD set along with the computer.  When I got the computer home and started it up, I noticed that it had the normal C: Drive (455GB) but it also had a 😧 Drive (which is only 9.7GB with 8.2GB used and 1.4GB used .  The 😧 Drive was labeled like this:    FACTORY_IMAGE(D    and has Folders like:  boot, hp, preload, Recovery, System Volume Inforamation and Files like: bootmger, BT_COMPAQ.FLG, CPS.DAT, etc.   My question is:  Is this the original way this computer is shipped from HP or did the Techs at Staples add the "D:" Drive as part of the "Backup" they did of the system?   The reason I am asking is that I want to partition my hard drive into a C: drive (about 100GB) and a 😧 drive (about 350GB) and am not sure what to do with the data in the current 😧 Drive.   Thank you for your help.  Mac   PS:  If I decide just to add a partition, can I rename the current 😧 Drive to say E: Drive, shrink the current C: Drive to 100GB and add a new 😧 Drive?  

HP Advisor version 3.2 for windows 7

I have a HP Pavilion Desktop a6234x and a Pavilion Elite m9040n and have just upgraded them to Windows 7 from Windows Vista.   Both have HP Advisor version 3.1 and it shows I have no virus protection even though I have Microsoft Security Essentials running on both computers.   I understand that there is an HP Advisor version 3.2 for windows 7 can anyone tell me how/where to download Version 3.2?     Thanks Jessie