cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Derickmc84
3 1 0 0
Message 1 of 5
Flag Post

Bios update not working

HP Recommended
Omen 15 5010nr
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have an HP Omen 15 5010nr. I have been trying to update the bios, but when I download the bios update from the HP Support website, it says the update is blocked on my device. I have tried updating via USB flash drive in the recovery and it tells me that the update was not intended for this machine. I downloaded it from the drivers and support page for my product model, so how can it not be intended for my machine??

The reason I am trying to update the bios is because I have been having issues with apps, games, programs and even windows stop responding for about 20 seconds, then it comes back. I have spoken with tech support and have exhausted all options to fix this, other than updating the bios.

Please help.

4 REPLIES 4
Tardis40
Retired
Retired
3,798 2,974 201 436
Message 2 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi there @Derickmc84,

Welcome to the HP Support Forums! It is a great place to find the help you need, from other users, HP experts, and other support personnel. I understand you are having an issue with updating drivers. I will be glad to help you.

You can try to download and installIntel Chipset Installation Utility and Driver.

HP Support Assistant is designed to help you manage software updates. Download and install the latest version of the program  HP Support Assistant. Make sure to install all important and recommended BIOS updates and device driver updates. For more information, see Using HP Support Assistant (Windows 10, 8, 7)

Please keep me informed of how things went. 

If you require further assistance, let me know and I will gladly do all I can to help you.

Please let me know if this resolves the issue by marking this post as "Accept as Solution".
To simply say thanks, click the Thumbs up below! Smiley Happy

Thanks

Tardis40
I work on behalf of HP
Please click Accept as Solution if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click Kudos Thumbs Up on the right to say “Thanks” for helping!
Was this reply helpful? Yes No
Derickmc84
Author
3 1 0 0
Message 3 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended
I have done all of the things you suggested and nothing has helped. I even went back to windows 8.1 to try and update the bios and it still said it was blocked or it was not designed for this machine.

I have had nothing but problems with this machine. You're customer service / tech support have not been able to help me either. I've been trying to fix this issue for over a month. I'm on the verge of asking for a replacement or a refund as I cannot play games without interuption.

Please let me know what I need to do to either fix this issue, or replace my computer. Thank you.
Tardis40
Retired
Retired
3,798 2,974 201 436
Message 4 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended
I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post serial numbers and case details.
If you are unfamiliar with how the Forum's private message capability works, this post has instructions.

Tardis40
I work on behalf of HP
Please click Accept as Solution if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click Kudos Thumbs Up on the right to say “Thanks” for helping!
BrendaJChil
Level 1
7 5 0 0
Message 5 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Good luck on refund replacement!   Wish it was possible.  I have issues ready to junk the whole thing...no help!. 

ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation