Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
hp Omen 15-ax039tx

I had a brand new Omen 15 inch laptop with just 1008p screen, when i boot up it just shows the open logo, this is my second unit as they replaced this, and this 2nd unit displays the same symptoms... i just shot down and boothup again... but its annoying to do it in an expensive gaming laptop, and another pops up when my wife booth it up it just shows black screen and the cursur... please help... when were done we go back and replace again but its time consuming to keep on replacing and bearing the 6 hour traffic thru and from the mall. please help

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hello

No easy solution as cause could be anything from excess heat to component damage from heat.

Laptop has everything on motherboard so not easy to fix by yourself. Any component failure caused by heat means replacing the motherboard. This will happen again unless heat problem is solved.

Two laptops in row with same problem means maybe try a different HP model laptop or contact HP Support.

Cost of drive to mall is less than money spent on new laptop and product satisfaction.

Thought about this some more. Could be corrupt windows system files also. Or a BIOS problem. But if you have not added lots of programs or driver updates, or not changed BIOS settings then there is still a pretty bad problem. Two laptops in a row with same symptom does not sound very good.

Grzy

HP Recommended
Grzwacz, thanks for your reply. We did get a 3rd brand new laptop. same model. Even the guys at the store was puzzeld. All units were sealed. Now we observe if it hapoens again. We dont have any other choice for other model as this one is what we need... mainly for video editing in the coming months. We try to use this as much as we can to see if it manifest again.

HP Recommended

Hello

Sounds good and you are welcome. Hope third time is charm.

Have you checked HP Store? There may be similar Omen laptop modesl to choose from there.

Grzy

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.