cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
voxhalyn
Level 1
8 3 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post

Cannot Install Nvidia Drivers on Omen 17 (GTX1070)

HP Recommended
OMEN by HP - 17-w151nr
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

When I attempt to update the Nvidia drivers using the latest drivers from Nvidia, the installer returns a "No compatible hardware found" error.

Please do not tell me HP is using a proprietary version of the 1070 and I'll have to rely on OEM driver updates forever.

The "current" drivers are already 2+ months old.

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
banhien
Level 19
Level 19
90,328 90,205 11,597 24,874
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi,

In many cases, we have to use fully tested drivers from HP.  Drivers from NVIDIA or AMD won't work.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

voxhalyn
Author
Level 1
8 3 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

That's too bad.

I'm on the fence as to whether to keep or return the laptop and this probably tips the scale to return.

I really wanted to stay with HP but the combination of the decline in quality from 1st generation Omen to this with this issue is too much.

I'll likely turn to Asus or Razer.

0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation