cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
vk48
4 3 0 0
Message 1 of 8
Flag Post

Color of Keyboard of OMEN Notebook

HP Recommended
OMEN HP Laptop
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

The red color makes it very difficult to see. Specially teh FN keys and comma, apostophy etc.

Is it posible to chaange teh keyboard?

7 REPLIES 7
dj3333
1 1 0 1
Message 2 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I am have the same problem, the red keyboard is terrible, impossible to see unlit and very difficult even when lit. Support told me they took the ability to change the color out, last year's model had it. They also apparently removed the ability to brighten the keyboard, now just on and off. It is a deal breaker for me.  I am returning the laptop to HP. It is a shame because otherwise it is a dynamite computer.  I will be looking for another brand sad to say

Oh by the way I asked about paying to have the keyboard replaced with one I could see and they said NO

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
vk48
Author
4 3 0 0
Message 3 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Rather irresponsible of hP for thsi attitude

DavidSMP
Retired
Retired
12,360 12,152 1,170 2,518
Message 4 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi @vk48,

Welcome to the HP Forums, I hope you enjoy your experience! 🙂 It is a terrific place to find answers and tips and to get the best from the community.

I read your post about the Omen notebook having issues with the keyboard which is red and difficult to see. It will be a genuine pleasure to assist you here. 🙂

Kudos to you on that score. 🙂 You are a valued HP customer and it is paramount to assist you here. It has been an absolute pleasure to work with you. 🙂

For better clarity and to assist you better, I would require more information regarding this.

• Please let me know the complete model# of the unit.?
  • Is the backlight red or the physical keyboard has the characters printed in Red?

Here is a link to change and configure the backlight colors of the keyboard which may help you to see the keyboard a lot better. Link: http://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c04492013

YouTube link for customizing Omen Keyboard controls: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X9qN_O86k14

Please do not click on any ad, link, popup, image or download as this is a third party website meant for viewing only.

Hope this helps.  Let me know how this goes. I genuinely hope the issue gets resolved without hassles and the unit works great. 🙂  Please reach out for any issues and I'll be there to assist you. 🙂

To simply say thanks, please click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos to appreciate my efforts to help.

If this helps, please mark this as “Accepted Solution” as it will help several others with the same issue to get it resolved without hassles. 🙂

Take care now and have a splendid week ahead. 🙂

DavidSMP
I am an HP Employee

vk48
Author
4 3 0 0
Message 5 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi,

The Serial Number is 5CD6452l6V and the  Product Number is  X1G21PA#AB1. 

The Backlight is RED and so are the letters and numerals on the  keys.

It is a HP OMEN Notebook

Hope thsi helps to find a solution

vk48
Author
4 3 0 0
Message 6 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

David,

I do not have HP OMEN CONTROL  installed on the Notebook. So I guess I can't change the  color of the  backlight.

DavidSMP
Retired
Retired
12,360 12,152 1,170 2,518
Message 7 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi @vk48,

I reviewed the post comprehensively. Brilliant analysis.  🙂 Kudos to you for that. 🙂   Please try to download the Omen control software from this link: https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Gaming-Notebooks/HP-Omen-Control-Software-reinstall/m-p/5216154  

Then follow the steps in my previous post to configure the Omen Keyboard backlight colors.

Hope this helps.  Let me know how this goes. I genuinely hope the issue gets resolved without hassles and the unit works great. 🙂  Please reach out for any issues and I'll be there to assist you. 🙂

To simply say thanks, please click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos to appreciate my efforts to help.

If this helps, please mark this as “Accepted Solution” as it will help several others with the same issue to get it resolved without hassles. 🙂

Please take care of yourself and do have a fabulous year ahead and stay in high spirits. 🙂 

DavidSMP
I am an HP Employee

iMaxx
Level 8
Level 8
579 559 29 240
Message 8 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

The colour of the keyboards for the Omen 15 and 17 cannot be changed, only turned off.

The original Omen 15 was the only one that had customisable colours.

I am an HP Employee
Quality Manager - HP VR / Z Desktops
-----
iMaxx” FORMER VOODOO PC / HP LEGACY GAMING SERVICE MANAGER
While I am an HP employee, my comments and suggestions are my own and do not represent HP Inc.
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation