cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
weirdperro
4 3 0 1
Message 1 of 11
Flag Post

Connwct Two External Monitors to HP OMEN Notebook PC 15

HP Recommended

I just got the OMEN Notebook 15. It has only one HDMI output. How do I extend the display to two monitors? Thanks,

0 Kudos
10 REPLIES 10
banhien
Level 19
Level 19
90,458 90,335 11,614 24,904
Message 2 of 11
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi,

You have to use more hardware such as USB DisplayLink certified devices or please use one of:

http://www.matrox.com/graphics/en/products/gxm/

HDMI splitter won't help. 

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

0 Kudos
weirdperro
Author
4 3 0 1
Message 3 of 11
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thanks.

Which Matrox product is compatible with HDMI out? Is "Display Port" the same as USB?

I'm concerned that the OS will not know about the two displays when I read "Creates a stretched desktop..." Perhaps I can live with this.

0 Kudos
banhien
Level 19
Level 19
Message 4 of 11
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi,

Please check the table. I tested other devices mentioned above, unfortunately it only has DVI:

3monni.JPG

My test: 2 FHD monitors (left & right) with my laptop screen at the middle.

Regards

BH
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

0 Kudos
JustCuz
Level 2
Level 2
9 9 1 7
Message 5 of 11
Flag Post
HP Recommended

You can connect one display via the HDMI port, and the other via the mini-display port. You might need to get adapters depending on your display inputs, for example,  a miniDP-to-DVI adapter.

banhien
Level 19
Level 19
Message 6 of 11
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@JustCuz wrote:

You can connect one display via the HDMI port, and the other via the mini-display port. You might need to get adapters depending on your display inputs, for example,  a miniDP-to-DVI adapter.

Hi @JustCuz 

Thanks for the info. I did touch to the Omen before the release date but did not ask the development team, probably I'm not a gamer.

Regards.

BH

weirdperro
Author
4 3 0 1
Message 7 of 11
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thanks JustCuz for pointing out the Mini Display port of the HP Omen.

I have two Viewsonic VX2439wm monitors. One is successfully attached via HDMI.

To my previous laptop I had the second connected via D-Sub (on montor) to VGA (on laptop).

Can you recommend/send link for a cable with D-Sub (on monitor end) and MiniDisplay port (on laptop end)?

0 Kudos
JustCuz
Level 2
Level 2
9 9 1 7
Message 8 of 11
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hey Weirdperro, well, is it a 15-pin D-Sub? If so, it's just VGA, so you should be able to search for VGA to Mini Display Port adapter. They're pretty common. I don't know what region you live in, but I searched on Amazon.com and found a bunch. The mini-display port adapters for Mac or Surface Pro should work.

Cheers,

(Disclaimer: I am an HP employee but not answering in an official capacity)

weirdperro
Author
4 3 0 1
Message 9 of 11
Flag Post
HP Recommended
Thanks JustCuz. The monitor has hdmi input so I'm going for mini display port to hdmi. Thanks for your help.
pnj
Level 3
40 35 0 13
Message 10 of 11
Flag Post
HP Recommended

to Mr. Banhein, Don't want to question your authority as "HP Expert," but, if there also is a mini display port, would it not be simpler just to conect one monitor to that and the other to the HDMI?

0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation