Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP Omen i3 950GTM
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi There,

I bought a HP Omen laptop just after christmas and the first month was fine, but now I am getting constant BSOD even when doing basic tasks such as watching youtube videos. Drivers are all up to date, I've reset my laptop using HPs tools to how it was when I first received the laptop and nothing is fixing the issues. I've searched ways to fix the BSOD but nothing is working. The 3 Messages I receive are:

VIDEO_TDR_FAILURE (Nvidia Drivers up to date)

DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION (Again updated all relevant drivers, and tried the usual fixes)

There was another one which I cannot remember currently.

I can easily get around 6 an hour of these BSOD, or I can go several hours with nothing. Most intensive game I've tried to play is Shellshock Live, and that causes the whole laptop to crash.

I constantly get my laptop freezing doing basic tasks taking 5 minutes for me to get back control. I believe there may be an issue with the laptop, but don't know what it is? Anybody have any help?

Cheers

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hello

BSOD's are maybe being caused by two issues:

1. Video_TDR is Nvidia driver problem, see possible fix at Microsoft Community.

Roll back Nvidia driver in Device Manager

2. DPC_Watchdog is storahci.sys problem, see possible fix  at Microsoft Community.

Roll back to standard SATA driver in Device Manager.

Use System Restore to roll back to restore point before BSOD's started.

Grzy

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.