cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
viktoros
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

Cursor takes on a life of its own. HP Omen 15-5180no

HP Recommended
15-5180no
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Since day one, the cursor on my HP Omen 15 have been behaving strangely.

For no reason whatsoever (as far as I can tell) the cursor moves on its own and clicks on random parts of the screen.

The problem seems to be correlated with the temperature of the computer.

I have restored everything using a recovery media and I've tried with different OS's: Ubuntu, Linux Mint, pure Debian, Fedora. The problem remains.

Here is the strange part: The cursor moves on its own even if I disable the touchpad!  

The HP support's solution was to restore the computer (again). Since that din't work the last time I tried and since I have spent a lesser eternity compiling a hierarchy of packages (a journey I don't wish to repeat) I thought I'd check if anyone on the forum have experienced this problem and know of a solution.  

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
SDF15
Retired
Retired
5,851 5,326 351 632
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello @viktoros,

Thank you for visiting the HP Forums! A great place where you can find solutions for your issues, with help from the community!

I came across your post about the display issue, and wanted to assist you!

If you have already tried putting the notebook back to its factory settings, and the issue persisst, then it may be a hardware related issue.  You may consider contacting HP Phone Support for additional options.  Please use the following http://www.hp.com/contacthp and create a case for your issue and contact HP. If you live outside the US/Canada, please click the link below to get the contact information for your region.
http://www8.hp.com/us/en/contact-hp/ww-phone-assist.html

Please let me know if this information helps you resolve the issue by marking this post as  "Accept as Solution, this will help others easily find the information they may be looking for.  Also, clicking the Thumbs up below is a great way to say thanks!

Have a great day!

SDF15
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution.
Click the Thumbs Up to say “Thanks” for helping!
0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation