cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Tani1
Level 1
7 5 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

Disabled graphics card

HP Recommended
HP Compaq dc7700 Small Form
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)
Hi
I have accidentally disabled the graphics card for Hewlett-Packard 0A54h (XU1 PROCESSOR) 54 °C
Graphics and i have tried to take out the cmos battery and put it back in after 30 min but it still doesnt seem to be working and there is a plastic cap on pins which i mightve moved and now i dont know where it originally was, does it matter?
Help will be appreciated a lot!
0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
Ty1
Level 4
Level 4
110 101 7 21
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi Tani1

Are you talking about the graphics port on the systemboard?

If there was a plastic cap on this port, it usually means that the PC shipped with a "add in" or discrete graphics card.

If this is the case, then the graphics card built into the system board will be disabled. You should use the ports on the "add in" graphics card to connect to your monitor.

Please let me know if I have misunderstood your issue.

Although I am an HP Employee, all views expressed are my own and are not on behalf of HP

Regards
Ty
**Click Accept as Solution on a Reply that solves your issue to help others who are searching**
0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation