Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP Omen 17
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi

I bought a new Omen 17 laptop a couple of weeks ago, but my HP support assistant details the warranty expired in February of this year.

I've tried to dispute this through the HP site as detailed, however there appears to be an issue as when the device is found through the 'scan my product' it states 'HP was unable to find a match based on the information provided'.

I've then tried the 'contact HP agent' option which again runs a scan and finds the country of purchase, serial number and product number but once selected it states 'page not found'.

The manual search option can't even find a match and there doesn't appear to be any other way to proceed.

Can someone from HP contact me and I can forward on the proof of purchase receipt?

Many thanks

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hi @vexltor,

Good Day!! Thanks for taking an interest in the HP Support Forums! I understand that you require assistance regarding correcting the warranty status of your computer.  It will be a delight to assist you. 🙂

Great understanding and commendable description of the issue before posting. Kudos to you on that score. 🙂  You are a valued HP customer and it is paramount to assist you here. I take it as a privilege to share this platform with you. 🙂

For better clarity and to assist you better I would require more information regarding this.

Did you visit this link and check by selecting the country and typing the product# of the unit?

Link: http://support.hp.com/gb-en/checkwarranty/

If you have then please do not worry. It can be resolved by contacting HP phone support. Please perform these steps to contact HP phone support:

Step 1. Open link: www.hp.com/contacthp/

Step 2. Enter Product number or select to auto detect

Step 3. Scroll down to "Still need help? Complete the form to select your contact options"

Step 4. Scroll down and click: HP contact options - click on Get phone number, Case number and phone number appear.

They will be happy to assist you immediately.

Hope this helps.   I genuinely hope the issue gets resolved without hassles and the unit works great. 🙂  Please reach out for any issues and I'll always be there to assist you always. 🙂

To simply say thanks, please click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos to appreciate my efforts to help.

this helps, please mark this as “Accepted Solution” as it will help several others with the same issue to get it resolved without hassles. 🙂 

Take care now and have a splendid week ahead. 🙂

DavidSMP
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi David

Thanks for replying to me.

Yes I have followed the Link: http://support.hp.com/gb-en/checkwarranty/, as detailed in my initial post the scan finds the laptop, country of purchase, serial number and product number, but a message at the top of the page details 'HP was unable to find a match based on the information provided'.

I can try this any number of times without proceeding any further.

I have also followed the www.hp.com/contacthp/ link, but again the auto-detect option finds the laptop details, but when I click on the link I only receive the following message:

Page not found
If you clicked on a link to get here, there may be a problem with the link. Sorry for the inconvenience this might have caused.
Try the following options:
Choose a different link from previous page
Use your browser's "back" button or the link below to choose a different link on that page.
Return to previous page
Search HP webpages

When I undertake the manual search the model number can not be found (despite inputing model name, number, serial number etc) - so I'm unable to proceed to the steps 3 and 4 you have suggested.

Many thanks

HP Recommended

Hi @vexltor,

I reviewed the post comprehensively. If you live in the US or Canada, then I can send you a private message with the helpline to contact HP phone support. Please keep checking your private messages on HP forums. Please do not reply to the private message and reply publicly to the private message also. Please do not share this information on a public platform.

Please let me know the country that you live in to assist you better.

Hope this helps.   I genuinely hope the issue gets resolved without hassles and the unit works great. 🙂  Please reach out for any issues and I'll always be there to assist you always. 🙂

To simply say thanksplease click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos to appreciate my efforts to help.

this helps, please mark this as “Accepted Solution” as it will help several others with the same issue to get it resolved without hassles. 🙂 

DavidSMP
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi David

Thanks again.

No, I'm on the other side of the pond in the UK, is there anyone over here that could help? 

Many thanks

HP Recommended

Hi @vexltor,

I read the response. Thanks for replying. Yes for the UK you could try this link: http://www8.hp.com/us/en/contact-hp/ww-phone-assist.html

This should help. Please keep me posted. It's been great working with you and I hope the issue gets resolved.

To simply say thanks, please click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos to appreciate my efforts to help.

this helpsplease mark this as “Accepted Solution” as it will help several others with the same issue to get it resolved without hassles. 🙂 

DavidSMP
I am an HP Employee

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.