cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
jeanlucdiscard
4 3 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post

Frequent Intel HD 4600 driver crash

HP Recommended
HP OMEN Notebook - 15-5209tx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Ever since upgrading to Windows 10 I have frequent yet seemingly random display driver crashes on the integreated intel hd 4600 graphics chip.

I did all the usual troubleshooting, using the HP Support assistant and it shows that no new drivers are available. I tried installing the driver directly from intel but their installer wouldn't allow it as it says the one used in the machine is a custom built variant.

Current driver version installed: 10.18.15.4256 (7/17/2015) (this is listed as the latest on the HP driver website)

System event log shows the following after logging a crash (any help would be appreciated):

- <System>
  <Provider Name="Display" />
  <EventID Qualifiers="0">4101</EventID>
  <Level>3</Level>
  <Task>0</Task>
  <Keywords>0x80000000000000</Keywords>
  <TimeCreated SystemTime="2016-02-19T21:24:23.807784100Z" />
  <EventRecordID>79806</EventRecordID>
  <Channel>System</Channel>
  <Computer>-----</Computer>
  <Security />
  </System>
- <EventData>
  <Data>igfx</Data>
  <Data />
  </EventData>
  </Event>

Thanks.
2 REPLIES 2
SDJL
Retired
Retired
2,785 2,001 144 333
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi @jeanlucdiscard,

Thank you for posting at the HP forums. First Time Here? Learn How to Post and More

I understand that the display driver crashes after upgrading to Windows 10. I want to help.

I checked the the graphic driver update on HP website.  I think we have a newer version now which is 10.18.15.4256 Rev.E (released on 08/04/2015)

You can download this one from sp72289.exe, and uninstall the one in your device manager to reinstall the new one.

Also please update your BIOS and Chipset if possible:

http://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/HP-OMEN-15-5200-Notebook-PC/8499271/model/9953242

Let me know if it makes any difference. 

Click on the "Thumb Up" icon for "thank you". Click on "Accepted as Solution", if your problem has been solved.

Regards,

SDJL
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ”on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution.
Click the Thumbs Up on the left to say “Thanks” for helping!
Was this reply helpful? Yes No
jeanlucdiscard
Author
4 3 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

The crashing still happens.

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation