cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
vPro97
Level 1
13 8 0 1
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

GPU temperature shoots up to 92 degrees within 10 seconds of gaming then throttles

HP Recommended
OMEN 15-5000no
Windows 8.1

Hello!

I have a brand new HP OMEN gaming laptop and It's a really nice device - except for the fact that it's barely useable for gaming.

10 seconds after launching a game I experience the first lag because the GPU throttles itself. It simply reaches a VERY high temperature within no time. Can anybody help me? I installed latest drivers, BIOS and everything. I'm in desperate need for help!

Here's what it looks like after about 1 minute of gaming, 2 minutes of pause (to cool down the GPU) and 1 minute of gaming again.

GPU temp.png

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
Mrstenter
Retired
Retired
16,541 17,372 959 2,183
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi @vPro97

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Forums and Welcome. Please call our technical support at 800-474-6836. If you live outside the US/Canada Region, please click the link to get the support number for your region. They will be happy to assist you immediately.

Thanks.

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom left to say “Thanks” for helping.:smileyhappy:

I work on behalf of HP
0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation