cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Dctchdt
Level 1
15 13 0 0
Message 1 of 18
Flag Post

Gpu not showing up

HP Recommended
Hp Pro 3300 Series Mt
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

So i bough this pc for my dad a modified Hp Mt3300 with a new case,more ram,windows 10 and a Asus gt 9500 gt 1gb 

I decided to buy a Sapphire R7 250 2gb but when i plug it in it won't show  on the device manager 

I fitted my old 500 watt power supply which i had around which boots the computer and works find so i know it's not a power problem 

I was thinking the pci x16 doesnt support it but i'm not sure and that's why im asking if anyone could help me 

17 REPLIES 17
iMaxx
Level 8
Level 8
579 559 29 240
Message 2 of 18
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Are you installing both GPU's at the same time?

I am an HP Employee
Quality Manager - HP VR / Z Desktops
-----
iMaxx” FORMER VOODOO PC / HP LEGACY GAMING SERVICE MANAGER
While I am an HP employee, my comments and suggestions are my own and do not represent HP Inc.
Was this reply helpful? Yes No
Dctchdt
Author
Level 1
15 13 0 0
Message 3 of 18
Flag Post
HP Recommended

no no there's only one pci slot 

iMaxx
Level 8
Level 8
579 559 29 240
Message 4 of 18
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Ok if the card is installed and you can get into the OS to see the device manager, then that means the OS is seeing the GPU.

In the Device Manager, look under the Display Adapters heading.

What is listed there?

I am an HP Employee
-----
While I am an HP employee, my comments and suggestions are my own and do not represent HP Inc.
Dctchdt
Author
Level 1
15 13 0 0
Message 5 of 18
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Most of the time it came up microsoft vga adapter or Hd 2000 (from the processor)

iMaxx
Level 8
Level 8
579 559 29 240
Message 6 of 18
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Ok, that means it just needs its drivers.
Windows Update should install them but the worst case is to get them from the manufacturers website. 🙂

But, seeing as that is kinda my job, try installing the AMD Catalyst software. 🙂 (This is for Windows 10 64bit)

I am an HP Employee
-----
Dctchdt
Author
Level 1
15 13 0 0
Message 7 of 18
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I've tried installing the drivers couple of times but it keeps saying "error 173 can't find amd hardware"

iMaxx
Level 8
Level 8
579 559 29 240
Message 8 of 18
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Does Saphire have their own drivers?

I am an HP Employee
-----
Dctchdt
Author
Level 1
15 13 0 0
Message 9 of 18
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I don't think so but i've tired theres as well and still just say's amd hardware can't be found

iMaxx
Level 8
Level 8
579 559 29 240
Message 10 of 18
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Saphire has the AMD Autodetect utility posted on the product page for that card.

Have you tried this?

I am an HP Employee
-----
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation