cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Killintaco
Level 1
7 6 0 0
Message 1 of 8
Flag Post

HP Envy, Games Lag When Adapter Is Plugged In

HP Recommended
Hp Envy M7
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)
Hello,

I've been searching the internet in hopes to find a solution with no results, so I decided to make my own forum question.

My Hp Envy M7 will make games COMPLETELY unplayable when the AC adapter is plugged in (like games that are normally 60 frames are now 1-5)

Without the battery inserted and just the AC cord games run fine

I've checked my power settings and it is set to high performance, I've gone deeper and made sure that performance on a.c. is 100%

I even went into the nvidia control panel to make sure that power management is high performance

Am I just stupid?
0 Kudos
7 REPLIES 7
Killintaco
Author
Level 1
7 6 0 0
Message 2 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended
Core i7, nvidia 840m
0 Kudos
DeejayV
Level 2
Level 2
18 18 2 1
Message 3 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi, this is not a stupid question at all. 

Your notebook should be more than capable enough to play games on AC and/OR battery+AC.

What is the exact model number of your M7? HP has around 9 types of M7 Envy models.

and also, 

have you tried updating the firmware? firmware downloads are available from the support links.

http://support.hp.com/us-en/products/laptops/envy-notebooks/ 

Also, has it been like this since day 1? 

If not, you might want to rule out a bad microsoft or nvidia update by doing a system restore date to a time where the problem was not present.

I am an HP employee
0 Kudos
DeejayV
Level 2
Level 2
18 18 2 1
Message 4 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

by the way have you tried this?

click battery icon then choose more power options.
On selected plan there will be change plan settings.
click on it then there will be change advance power setting.
you will see some options.
there will be power management options select it. just change ON BATTERY 100%. 

I am an HP employee
0 Kudos
Killintaco
Author
Level 1
7 6 0 0
Message 5 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thanks for responding!

No it has not been like this from day 1, I got it about a year ago with its orginal charger and it was working fine until now.

(Also when i clicked on the link it sent me to a broken page)

The Full Model is HP Envy M7 K111 DX

0 Kudos
Killintaco
Author
Level 1
7 6 0 0
Message 6 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I did hear someone say to do a BIOS update, but when i tried it told me it was blocked

0 Kudos
Killintaco
Author
Level 1
7 6 0 0
Message 7 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Any Thoughts?

0 Kudos
DeejayV
Level 2
Level 2
18 18 2 1
Message 8 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

go to support.hp.com and enter your product and OS.

http://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/hp-envy-m7-k100-notebook-pc/7234903/model/7450494

From there go to the BIOS Section.

There is an AUGUST 2016, BIOS Firmware update.  Download it and install it.

Do not do this on low battery. Make sure you are plugged in and backup all your data before updating your BIOS just to be safe.

I am an HP employee
0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation