cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Vitesse
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post

HP OMEN 15 fan won't stop despite disabling always on in BIOS

HP Recommended
HP OMEN 15 Pro - L9H59UT#ABA
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Even though I've followed the steps for diabling "Fan Always On" in BIOS, the fan doesn't stop. Everybody complains about my "Jet Plane" in meetings and my battery only lasts about 35 minutes on a practically NEW $2200 laptop!

Please help!

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
Kimeree
2 2 0 0
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I have the EXACT same issue and it just recently started.  Earlier this week the fan started to run all the time and I too disabled the ALWAYS ON in the BIOS but other than when it first strarts up the fan is ON & WAY TOO LOUD!  The only thing I have running is Chrome and yet the computer is acting like I have 8 applications open and 4 of them actively searching.

I LOVE MY OMEN but this is TOTALLY UNACCEPTABLE and I sencerely hope this gets attention.  I am shocked that the previous post is unanswered for 2 months!

Please reply with steps to fix this issue!

0 Kudos
Kimeree
2 2 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

SOLVED

The issue had NOTHING to do with HP or the Computer.  I wasted an Hour with a tech who took control of my system and reinstalled the SAME BIOS version and then set up a support ticket to RETUN My NEW OMEN LAPTOP.

OUT OF DESPERATION

I decided to restore my computer to last week when this situation was NOT present and low and behold..... SOLVED!

The issue was that SONIC WALL NET EXTENDER was installed and must have had a contantly running process that was making the fan run.  It is the only application that was new and after the restore... NO MORE NOISY FAN!

I am posting this for both the EXPERTS and the USERS in case this is your situation so that you don't waste time and send back your computer when it may not be necessary!

0 Kudos
Tags (1)
TamiSpanbauer
2 2 0 1
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I was able to adjust fan speed in the HP Omen Control panel , Advanced Settings, if anyone else has this issue out there.

ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation