cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
papaut
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post

HP OMEN 17 omen control

HP Recommended
PC - 17-w033dx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I just bought a HP OMEN 17.  I wanted to adjust the keyboard and fan but to my surprise no software was installed.  I went to the HP support website and found a bios update and hp event software.  I also found the software for the hp control.  I updated the bios and installed the softeare.  The FN esc key will not work{does not show bios and computer info) and the control panel does not work.  Any help would be appriciated.  I would hate to have take the computer back.

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
Sparkles1
Retired
Retired
14,461 14,098 716 1,914
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi @papaut,

Welcome to the HP Forum! Thank you for becoming a HP Forum member. It is a dynamite location to get help from the community, get suggestions and find what has worked for others. For you have the best experience, here is a link for you to review, should you have any concerns: First Time Here? Learn How to Post and More

I grasp that you recently purchased the Omen 17-w033dx. You wanted to adjust the keyboard and fan, but  to your surprise, the software was not installed. You went to the HP site and found a BIOS update, HP Utilities, and the control software. You have installed all of them. The Fn and ESC keys are not working,nor the control panel. Did you install the control software before or after the BIOS update? Have you checked for Windows updates? Here is a link to the HP Support Assistant. If it is not already installed, please download, install and run it. Please let me know the outcome.

To help visitors and members alike find solutions that have helped others, please consider selecting "Accepted Solution"on the post that resolves your difficulty. This will give it more visibility and make it easier to find. Please consider clicking the"Thumbs Up Icon"below to say thanks for assisting you.

Sparkles1

0 Kudos
mihailgreceanu
Level 2
23 18 1 1
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I have a similar model, omen 17 w053dx. On our laptops customization is not avabile, the control is for the omens that have customization options for keyboard and other things, but ours is as it is. Those hp have also additional keys on the left that can be assigned from the same control center.

0 Kudos
JJLuvzU
Level 4
Level 4
93 92 3 34
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

This model does not offer customization to keyboard-lighting nor fan control.

"Appreicate a Kudo if you like my post or find it useful."
0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation