cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Raikiri
3 2 0 0
Message 1 of 6
Flag Post

HP OMEN NOTEBOOK 17-W053DX Fan not working Correctly

HP Recommended
HP OMEN NOTEBOOK 17-W053DX
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Just today, my parents bought me a HP Omen as a christmas gift, i was happy ofcourse, i opened to test it then when i opened it, it says:

"The system has detected that a cooling fan is not operating correctly.
Continued operation is not recommended and may cause unpredictable behavior that could result in random shutdown, data loss or possible system damage. The system will shut down in 15 seconds. To prevent shutdown and continue operation, press the Enter key now.
System Fan (90b)"

I just got this laptop today, its new, i coudnt have damage the fans.
I haven't downloaded any games nor play any games.
it also seems the right side of my laptop is kinda hot, while the left side is cool.
Maybe the fans weren't set up properly?
There is no HP Omen Control.  What should i do? (I cant even go to Advance setup in the Startup)
Please help me solve this problem, i dont want to trouble my parents to go back and return it.
0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
Chimney_83
Retired
Retired
8,121 8,112 487 952
Message 2 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi @Raikiri,

Welcome to HP Forums and thanks for the post. 

I see you are getting an error for the cooling fan not working correctly. I will be glad to help. 

Recommend you to run HP Support Assistant to update all the driver for your computer and check. Also, you can visit www.hp.com/drivers enter the product number of your computer. Download and update the BIOS for the computer. (Note: During BIOS update make sure that the power cord is connected and no external devices are connected.)

If the issue persists after BIOS and driver updates. Please contact our phone support for the service options. 

Keep me posted. 

If the information I've provided was helpful,
Give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Accepted Solution and Kudos buttons,
That’ll help us and others see that we’ve got the answers!
Good Luck.

Chimney_83
I am an HP Employee

Raikiri
Author
3 2 0 0
Message 3 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thank you so much for Answering @Chimney_83

I did all Driver update, except the Graphics, because it keeps failing, about the Bios update, i currently have Insyde F.23, and on the HP Website, this product only has a F.09 Rev, when i tried updating it, it says:

"Warning: This device has BIOS version F.23.
This utility will replace it with an older version. F.09."

What should i do about this?
Do i replace it with an older one?

Edit: I search F.23 Bios, it says its from March 31, 2015 and this F.09 version is from July 27, 2016

My Bios is currently, Insyde F.23, 10/13/2016 according to the msinfo32

Finished the Graphics update

0 Kudos
Chimney_83
Retired
Retired
8,121 8,112 487 952
Message 4 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thanks for the reply and performing the suggested steps. Even after updating BIOS, if you get the error 90B fan not working. Please contact our phone support for the service options. 

Keep me posted. 

If the information I've provided was helpful,
Give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Accepted Solution and Kudos buttons,
That’ll help us and others see that we’ve got the answers!
Good Luck.

Chimney_83
I am an HP Employee

Raikiri
Author
3 2 0 0
Message 5 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thank you again @Chimney_83 

So i should update my BIOS into older version?

0 Kudos
Chimney_83
Retired
Retired
8,121 8,112 487 952
Message 6 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thanks for the quick reply, do not downgrade the BIOS. Leave the latest version installed. 

Do check for updates on a regular basis (once in a month or two)

Please click ‘Accepted Solution’ on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution. To show appreciation for my help, please click the ‘Thumbs Up’ Icon below.

Chimney_83
I am an HP Employee

ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation