cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Matigno
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post

HP OMEN Notebook key replacement

HP Recommended
HP OMEN Notebook 15'
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

Hello, I recently bought a OMEN notebook 15' and one of my key just broke and won't click back in place. The hinge and the cup are unharmed, but the key lost its little plastic parts underneath.

I wanted to buy a new key from those single-key selling websites but I could not find my laptop in the lists (maybe because it is too recent ?)

Could someone give me a way to replace the appropriate key ? 

Or can someone tell me if another HP has the same keyboard ?

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
CherylG
Level 17
44,714 38,155 3,356 11,465
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Huffer may be able to help since he has a OMEN test laptop.

**Click Accept as Solution on a Reply that solves your issue**
***Click the Thumbs-Up button as a way to say Thanks!***

0 Kudos
Huffer
Level 17
Level 17
44,714 44,491 7,172 12,717
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

The keyboard is unique to the Omen as far as I know. Omens are not very common and replacement parts are very hard to get. I looked at HP partsurfer and the keyboard is not offered as a replacement part. Since it is an island keyboard it is very hard to replace one key and there is nowhere to find a single key in any event.  

ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation