cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
cb62fcni
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

HP OMEN OEM Drive not working externally

HP Recommended

So I recently bought an Omen and swapped the 256GB HDD for a 512GB.  Recovered using an SD card, and everything works great.  I bought an enclosure for the m.2 drive that was originally installed, however, with the OEM drive in there, the computer will not recognize it.  I know the enclosure is compatible with the M and B keyed SanDisk A110.  Is the drive somehow locked?  I've swapped enclosures, and know that the one I have is working fine.  Further, I re-installed the OEM drive in the laptop and it booted up fine.  So what gives?  Anyone have an idea?

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
Sparkles1
Retired
Retired
14,461 14,098 715 1,914
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HI @cb62fcni,

Welcome to the HP Forums!:smileyhappy:

It is a terrific place to find answers and suggestions!

For you to have the best experience in the HP forum I would like to direct your attention to the HP Forums Guide Learn How to Post and More

I understand that you removed the original drive and installed a larger one and is working fine.  You installed the original drive into an enclosure but when you connect it the drive is not recognized.

When connected is it showing in Device Manager?

Have you ran the Windows troubleshooter?

Have you ran the  HP Support Assistant ?

Have you checked the manufacturer of the external enclosure for any drivers?

I hope this helps!

Sparkles1

0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation