cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
dfishp
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

HP OMEN Pro Missing HP WebCam Software for TrueVision HD internal webcam

HP Recommended
HP OMEN Pro
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

According to the onboard User Guide for the HP OMEN Pro 15, access to the HP WebCam application should be at:

Start > All Programs > Communications and Chat > HP WebCam

But there is no entry for the HP WebCam  

(only item listed under Communications and Chat is Get Online)

Where is the HP WebCam software or where can it be downloaded if the User Guide or the OS packaging is wrong?

This is for Win 7 64 bit on HP OMEN PRO 15 product # L9H6OUT#ABA and specifically for the internal HP TrueVision HD webcam

Device Manager reports drivers up to date and device working properly

1 REPLY 1
iMaxx
Level 8
Level 8
579 559 29 240
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

The Webcam will work even if the software for it isn't installed. (The software would have been made for the gaming model, but the drivers would be supplied by both.)

Are you wanting that spesific software package or just reassurance that the webcam will work with programs that requre it?

I am an HP Employee
Quality Manager - HP VR / Z Desktops
-----
iMaxx” FORMER VOODOO PC / HP LEGACY GAMING SERVICE MANAGER
While I am an HP employee, my comments and suggestions are my own and do not represent HP Inc.
Was this reply helpful? Yes No
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation