cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Hollywood_X
4 3 0 0
Message 1 of 6
Flag Post

HP OMEN UPGRADE FROM WINDOWS 8.1 TO 10 FAILURES

HP Recommended
HP OMEN Notebook - J9K19UA#ABA
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

HP OMEN UPGRADE FROM WINDOWS 8.1 TO 10 (RECOVERY - DISPLAY BLINKING - BROKEN APPS - MULTIPLE PARTITIONS) ALL ABOARD THE FAIL BOAT!

This is frustrating to say the least, and I know others are feeling the pain with little to no help.

Fact short version;

1. Purchase HP OMEN Notebook with Windows 8.1
  2. I make a recovery media thumb drive (From HP Recovery 1 time only option)
  3. Option for Windows 10 upgrade and I install it.
  4. OMEN starts to have intermittent issues with display, and various apps.
  5. 256 SSD hard drive is full with 7 partitions (2 recovery, 2 data, 2 EFI, 1 Reserved)
  6. I attempt the Windows 10 recovery option removing all apps and personal files for a CLEAN slate
  7. OMEN no longer boots, or functions and the only part I have access to is the BIOS
  8. HP Recovery drive I made using the HP recovery software does not work
  9. Multiple wasted hours with support and no resolution the "FIX" is to purchase a $40 recovery drive
  10. "A reminder that I still have 6 months of warranty and some negotiation support reluctantly agreed to send me one"
  11. Weeks later I use the drive and get computer running again
  12. days later to re-install everything and configure
  13. Upgrade to Windows 10 again, no issues for 48 hours
  14. Hard drive has 6 partition's and several gigs allocated to Windows.old
  15. Follow Microsoft's instructions here; http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-8/How-remove-Windows-old-folder
  16. All aboard the failboat with more issues and disappointments 
0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
SDJL
Retired
Retired
2,785 2,654 144 333
Message 2 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post serial numbers and case details.
If you are unfamiliar with how the Forum's private message capability works, this post has instructions.

SDJL
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ”on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution.
Click the Thumbs Up on the left to say “Thanks” for helping!
0 Kudos
Hollywood_X
Author
4 3 0 0
Message 3 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

With all the attempts I have made to work with support still no resolution, nor has anyone attempted to get back in touch with me. I've used the HP recovery key 6 times now and the computer crashes within 15 minutes of the HP assistant performing updates. This is the absolute most trouble I have ever had with a computer and for the claim of being a high performance signature series notebook it can't even stay semi functional for longer than 20 minutes after performing a complete system clean install.

https://youtu.be/UMaFFEPKVEw

0 Kudos
kevin-t
Retired
Retired
20,511 15,846 324 972
Message 4 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I have asked someone from the appropriate team within HP to follow up with your issue. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

If you are unfamiliar with how the Forum's private message capability works, you can learn about that  here .
Thank you for visiting the HP Support Forum.

I work on behalf of HP
0 Kudos
Hollywood_X
Author
4 3 0 0
Message 5 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

WITH ALL THE MESSAGES THAT I'VE REPLIED TO AND NO ONE HAS GOT BACK TO ME I SENT THE COMPUTER BACK "THANKFULLY I BOUGHT IT ON AMAZON, THEY HAVE GOOD CUSTOMER SERVICE"

SO HP OMEN IS GONE I PURCHASED A MSI GHOST THAT ARRIVES TODAY - I'M DONE WITH HP

0 Kudos
Hollywood_X
Author
4 3 0 0
Message 6 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

1. No one has cared about the CAPS since 1999 except forum trolls

2. HP Assisstant automatically installs Windows 10 under its default settings

3. It doesn't matter if I use caps, low case, english, spanish, or whatever. If I buy a product with a warranty I expect service.

4. Company does not cover warranty - Item returned - Done (Not my first issue with HP products but is the last)

5. Good luck with the odd forum policing you appear to do, I am sure it's fullfilling being a keyboard cowboy #THUMBSUP

0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation