Create an account on the HP Community to personalize your profile and ask a question
09-22-2015 07:47 PM
HP OMEN UPGRADE FROM WINDOWS 8.1 TO 10 (RECOVERY - DISPLAY BLINKING - BROKEN APPS - MULTIPLE PARTITIONS) ALL ABOARD THE FAIL BOAT!
This is frustrating to say the least, and I know others are feeling the pain with little to no help.
Fact short version;
- Purchase HP OMEN Notebook with Windows 8.1
- I make a recovery media thumb drive (From HP Recovery 1 time only option)
- Option for Windows 10 upgrade and I install it.
- OMEN starts to have intermittent issues with display, and various apps.
- 256 SSD hard drive is full with 7 partitions (2 recovery, 2 data, 2 EFI, 1 Reserved)
- I attempt the Windows 10 recovery option removing all apps and personal files for a CLEAN slate
- OMEN no longer boots, or functions and the only part I have access to is the BIOS
- HP Recovery drive I made using the HP recovery software does not work
- Multiple wasted hours with support and no resolution the "FIX" is to purchase a $40 recovery drive
- "A reminder that I still have 6 months of warranty and some negotiation support reluctantly agreed to send me one"
- Weeks later I use the drive and get computer running again
- days later to re-install everything and configure
- Upgrade to Windows 10 again, no issues for 48 hours
- Hard drive has 6 partition's and several gigs allocated to Windows.old
- Follow Microsoft's instructions here; http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-8/How-remove-Windows-old-folder
- All aboard the failboat with more issues and disappointments
09-25-2015 02:12 PM
I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post serial numbers and case details.
If you are unfamiliar with how the Forum's private message capability works, this post has instructions.
I work on behalf of HP
Please click “Accept as Solution ”on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution.
Click the Thumbs Up on the left to say “Thanks” for helping!
09-30-2015 04:22 PM
With all the attempts I have made to work with support still no resolution, nor has anyone attempted to get back in touch with me. I've used the HP recovery key 6 times now and the computer crashes within 15 minutes of the HP assistant performing updates. This is the absolute most trouble I have ever had with a computer and for the claim of being a high performance signature series notebook it can't even stay semi functional for longer than 20 minutes after performing a complete system clean install.
10-05-2015 07:14 AM
If you are unfamiliar with how the Forum's private message capability works, you can learn about that here .
Thank you for visiting the HP Support Forum.
I work on behalf of HP
10-06-2015 12:33 PM
WITH ALL THE MESSAGES THAT I'VE REPLIED TO AND NO ONE HAS GOT BACK TO ME I SENT THE COMPUTER BACK "THANKFULLY I BOUGHT IT ON AMAZON, THEY HAVE GOOD CUSTOMER SERVICE"
SO HP OMEN IS GONE I PURCHASED A MSI GHOST THAT ARRIVES TODAY - I'M DONE WITH HP
10-06-2015 05:43 PM
1. No one has cared about the CAPS since 1999 except forum trolls
2. HP Assisstant automatically installs Windows 10 under its default settings
3. It doesn't matter if I use caps, low case, english, spanish, or whatever. If I buy a product with a warranty I expect service.
4. Company does not cover warranty - Item returned - Done (Not my first issue with HP products but is the last)
5. Good luck with the odd forum policing you appear to do, I am sure it's fullfilling being a keyboard cowboy #THUMBSUP