cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
KaneK
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post

HP OMEN i7 Freezes Up When Playing Media

HP Recommended
HP OMEN
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi guys and gals.

New to the forums but this issue has led me to seek advice from anyone who may be able to assist with an issue I'm having.

Around a month ago I purchased a HP OMEN ready with windows 10 64bit. Since purchasing the laptop I have had issues when playing media. Basically when ever I play a video through a media program (not on the internet) such as Windows Media Player, Films and TV app or VLC Media Player,  Windows will freeze every 15 minutes or so when using either WMP or Film and TV app but when using VLC it still occours but not as often (around every half hour). 

The laptop I am using is a HP OMEN i7 15-5001na.

Operating system is Windows 10 64bit.

No updates are available for Windows.

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
SDF15
Retired
Retired
5,851 5,326 351 632
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello @KaneK,

Welcome to the HP Support Forums! It is a great place to find the help you need, both from other users, HP experts and other support personnel.

I came across your post about the notebook freezing, and wanted to assist you!

Did you check the Task Manager, just to verify that no other applications are running, while you are watching the videos?  Did you use the Windows Update, to check for drivers that will work with Windows 10?  In particular, the Graphics Driver, and BIOS.  You can check this site as well: HP Products - Where Do I Find Windows 10 Drivers and Software for My Model?

If you are having trouble installing the drivers, you can use the tool at the following site: 

Open the Windows Update troubleshooter

It is possible that drivers may not be available for your product.  If that is the case, or the drivers you found are not working, try using the solutions on this site as a workaround, and let me know how it goes: How to: Install and Update drivers in Windows 10

Please let me know if this information was helpful by clicking the thumbs up below.

Regards!

SDF15
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution.
Click the Thumbs Up to say “Thanks” for helping!
0 Kudos
JJLuvzU
Level 4
Level 4
93 92 3 34
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

This sounds like a media file, or graphics driver issue.  What type of media do you play?  (i.e. .mov/.mkv/.mp4?)

"Appreicate a Kudo if you like my post or find it useful."
0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation