cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
iamsgoodey
3 1 0 1
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post

HP Omen 15 Updating for 13 Hours

HP Recommended
HP Omen 15
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)
Hey,

So I recently installed a BIOS update (and I think 2 other updates that I can't quite remember) on my Omen 15 (64bit Windows 8.1), however I hadn't actually done the whole shut down/restart and update process yet.
Strangely, there was no option to "shut down and update", only "restart and update" so I had shut down the computer a few times without updating. Anyway, now I am restarting/updating and it is taking a long time.
It says there are 59 updates to install and I'm currently on update 1. I initially thought there was an issue on update 1 but I waited a while and it just took a bit longer than expected (10 minutes or so) so I thought update 2 might also take a while. However, I have left it updating overnight (13/14 hours) and it is still on update 2.
I'm wondering if it is okay to shutdown my computer by just holding the power button down or will that cause issues?

To be honest, I can't quite be sure this is a BIOS update since I may have actually done it before and I forgot. The message displayed is "Keep on your PC until this is done. | Installing update 2 of 59..."

I live in and bought the computer in Australia and it has a warranty.

Thanks for any help.
0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
1029rjmenvy17t
Level 7
891 865 36 123
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi! That Is A Windows Update It Is Not A OMEN 15 Problem It A Great Computer It Is Windows 8 Some Times It Does Not Restart The Computer And You Have To Press The Power Button It Does It On All PCs All My Friends And Me Have That  Same Problem With Deferent Brands And Types PCs Some From Dell Asus And HP.

Sorry Bro PLEASE DO NOT ASK WHY WIN8/8.1 Sucks But Do Not Worry Win10 Is Coming Soon On July 29th 2015 Free And Your Computer Is So Darn Good Man One The Of Best Out There Right Now You Will Be Able To Run WIn10 And Max It Out:smileyvery-happy: Better Then Most Other PC Users!:smileyvery-happy:

Good Luck!

Regards: 1029rjmenvy17t

Please 'KUDO' If You Like for Thumbs Up and 'Accept As Solution' If This Fixed Your Problem

To Help Other People Find This and Help Them Fix the Same or Similar Problems

0 Kudos
iamsgoodey
Author
3 1 0 1
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended
Okay well I just held the power button down and it seems fine...
0 Kudos
1029rjmenvy17t
Level 7
891 865 36 123
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

See You Got The Hang Of It!:smileyvery-happy:

Welcome To The Club (Windows 8/8.1 Sucks!)

Good Luck Man!

I Wish You Luck With OMEN 15 Very Few Get The Best And You Have It Enjoy Bro!:smileyvery-happy:

Good Luck!

Regards: 1029rjmenvy17t

Please 'KUDO' If You Like for Thumbs Up and 'Accept As Solution' If This Fixed Your Problem

To Help Other People Find This and Help Them Fix the Same or Similar Problems

0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation