cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Jumpz
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

HP Omen 15 - ax002tx heat problems

HP Recommended
HP Omen 15 - ax002tx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi,

I have a HP OMEN 15 laptop (GTX 965m) with heat problems.

Most of the time while I'm playing games for around 10-15 minutes the cpu temperature always went up to 90 C (sometimes 98 C, showing as maximum), GPU temp is fine, never exceeds 70 C.

I have a laptop stand with 2 fans underneath, also with a heat vacuum attached to the back covering the heat vent, playing in a room temperature around 20-22 C.

Should I be worried?

What should I do to reduce the temp?

Should I contact my local HP support for the problem?

Thank you in advance.

1 REPLY 1
Resolv_S
Retired
Retired
3,304 3,084 179 340
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi@Jumpz,

Welcome to HP Support Forums. Best platform for all sorts of solutions, tips and tweaks to your questions/issues.

To have the best experience on HP forum, visit our HP Forums Guide to know more.

The overheating issue on the PC. Is that right?

Thank you for sharing the issue details. I would like to help you.

As long as you don’t have any errors related to cooling fans or the PC shutting down frequently, you need not worry about the heat.

I would also like to provide a link which helps you with the information to reduce heat on the PC for safety reasons (Preventing damage on the components due to increasing in temperature).

http://hp.care/2fBCYvN

Hope this helps. Let me know for more.

Happy posting.

Resolv_S

Glad to help you. I work for HP

Please click Accept as Solution if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the Kudos Thumbs Up" to say “Thanks” for helping!

Resolv_S
I work on behalf of HP

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the Thumbs up" button!

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation