cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
TylerKrajewskii
1 0 0 2
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post

HP Omen Control Software Lost

HP Recommended
HP Omen 15-5010nr
Other

Recently I performed a clean install of Windows 10 on my HP Omen 15-5010nr notebook. I only recently purchased this device and I did not see any justification for backing up any files that I had. I assumed that any programs that came with the notebook would be reinstalled after the clean install of Windows 10. Unfortunately that was not the case, and I seem to have lost some software that I intended to keep, most importantly I have lost the HP Omen Control program, which allows me to customize keyboard backlighting, assign macros to the six programmable keys on the left of my keyboard, etc. It would be nice if I could recover or reinstall this program in anyway possible. Thanks.

2 REPLIES 2
DTFung
4 4 0 1
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I have same issue.   HP needs to update software/driver for this to work again.    Windows 10 is very buggy so far.    

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
bizzLeBozzLe
1 1 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Same exact issue.  Just purchased OMEN 15-5113DX, and I chose to "Keep nothing" during the Windows 10 upgrade, and now I don't have Omen Control.  Arghs! so annoying.  Just got my computer, and I can't customize.  Please HP release the software for these situations.  Or at least some guidance on how to get Omen Control back. 

Thanks

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation