cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HussainHaider
Level 1
5 4 0 1
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

HP Omen Control Software is buggy

HP Recommended

Hello,

I just received my Omen 15 and I love it! The only major concern that I have is that the Omen Control Software that is used to control the keyboard lighting and functions is no longer working for me.

When I received the laptop, it was working fine as far as I remember but yesterday HP Support Assistant software gave me a notification that new updates were available and because I am fond of keeping  my windows and drivers up-to-date, I went ahead and installed all the updates (including BIOS, an update for HP Omen Control software and also the Windows updates) and now HP Omen Control won't do anything. Keyboard lights won't change at all, the function keys for controling trackpad (FN+R), the touchscreen (FN+T) and the fans speed (FN+F) also don't work anymore and the programmable keys won't work either.

Another thing I noticed is that if I run the Omen Control Software and close it, it won't open again unless I kill it from the Task Manager first. This seems to be a bug in the current version of the software as I tried installing the previous version of the software and this problem was gone.

Reading through the forums, I have tried the following things so far:

1) System Restore (I thought this might revert the BIOS version but I guess it didn't): This installed the previous version of the Omen Control software and it partially works. The keyboard colors change but nothing else works.

I am not sure if I should revert the BIOS back to the older version.

2) Checked if HP System Event Utility was already installed and it was there already and is updated to the latest version (1.20 C).

Currently I am on the following versions of the softwares and BIOS:

- HP OMEN Control Software (Version 1.10 Rev.B)

- HP System Event Utility (Version 1.20 C)

- BIOS (Version F.23 Rev.A)

Do you think I should wait for another update to roll out or are there any other possible solutions?

Any help would be highly appriciated!

Regards,

Hussain

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
HussainHaider
Author
Level 1
5 4 0 1
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

UPDATE: I downgraded the BIOS version to F.09 A and I see now that most of the things are working. Even the problem that the software not starting without killing it is fixed. The only thing not working now are the FN+R, FN+T and FN+F functions are not working. I really need the FN+F function to work so that I can enable the fans while playing games. Everything else is working fine, the keyboard lighting, the Programmable keys etc.

0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation