cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
OscarTheGrouch0
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post

HP Omen Hinge Issue

HP Recommended
HP OMEN Notebook 15-5114dx ALL
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello,

I purchased my HP Omen from a local Best Buy four months ago and after two months of use, I started to notice the hinge of the laptop was starting to shift out of place. Currently, the hinge is in a state in which the whole screen wobbles when I move the laptop and it occasionally makes cracking sounds when I open or close the screen.
I tried making a support ticket for this issue but I guess that wasn't the right form of resloving it because my case was instantly closed so I have come here for some help. What steps do I need to take in order to get this issue resloved? Please help!

Thanks!

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
erico
Level 17
Level 17
47,953 42,193 4,643 12,405
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I will ask to have your issue escalated

I am not an HP Employee.
kevin-t
Retired
Retired
20,511 15,846 324 972
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@OscarTheGrouch0

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

If you are unfamiliar with how the Forum's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.
Thank you for visiting the HP Support Forum.

I work on behalf of HP
JJLuvzU
Level 4
Level 4
93 92 3 34
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

This hinge issue isn't "fix-able" on your own... I'd suggest either exchange it with Bestbuy(the later model should have fixed the issue at factory), or send your unit to HP repair center for hinge part replacement.

"Appreicate a Kudo if you like my post or find it useful."
0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation