cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Saluposa
3 2 0 0
Message 1 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP Omen, Laptop has power but won't turn on, charger light is orange.

OMEN Notebook
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)
I press the power button and the light will blink on for a second and then go right back off. The monitor is unresponsive. When I plug in the charger the indicator light is lit orange and remains orange.
0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
Level 17
Level 17
44,688 38,145 3,344 14,049
Message 2 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

A good place to start would be performing a hard reset-with fingers crossed:

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c01684768

**Click Accept as Solution on a Reply that solves your issue**
***Click the Thumbs-Up button as a way to say Thanks!***

0 Kudos
Saluposa
3 2 0 0
Message 3 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I tried the hard restart and nothing happened just more of the same, the power button will flash but the rest of the keyboard won't light up and neither will the screen, although now the charging indicator is back to being lit up white.
0 Kudos
Saluposa
3 2 0 0
Message 4 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I also plugged in a few devices to see if they would charge and they seem to do so even though nothing on the actual computer looks on
0 Kudos
Level 17
Level 17
44,688 38,145 3,344 14,049
Message 5 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I do not have an OMEN so am not sure how easy it is to remove bottom cover and access memory, hard drive etc. Some models HP makes it difficult & recommends only a service tech tearing into them.

If it is easily accessed I would next try reseating the memory- maybe even starting up with only 1 first if you have 2. (not sure how knowledgeable you are so will point out -to remove memory press outward on the clips at each end to release it. If no changes from that try unhooking the hard drive cable & try again.

Btw, are you still under warranty? Might be best to contact HP before going further.  >>Contact HP

**Click Accept as Solution on a Reply that solves your issue**
***Click the Thumbs-Up button as a way to say Thanks!***

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation