Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

i just bought an omen laptop 4 days ago with the following specs:

intel i7-4710hq cpu@2.50 ghz 2.50 ghz

16 gb ram

windows 8.1

nvidia gforce gtx860m ddr5

windows 8.1

the problem is the fan,  it won't stop ..it so loud. Its like working so hard to cool itself but Im in an airconditioned room.

I hope there are only some settings that I need to adjust ti fix this.

Please help!!!

33 REPLIES 33
HP Recommended

Enter the BIOS to check if the "Fan Always on" option is enabled.  Power button, tap the Esc key. In the Startup menu choose F10 to enter the BIOS.

If it is, disable it.  Even if it is disabled, the notebook's BIOS will activate the fan when temperatures get to specified levels to cool the notebook down when you are playing games . It is safe to disable it. 

Omen BIOS.png

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If you want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

HP Recommended
Thanks for the quick reply erico..ive done ur sugestion. The right fan is disabled (when ur facing the pc) but the left side is still working so hard..im not even using any programs im just on the windows screen..is this normal because the laptop is very thin..
HP Recommended

@lesmaz wrote:
Thanks for the quick reply erico..ive done ur sugestion. The right fan is disabled (when ur facing the pc) but the left side is still working so hard..im not even using any programs im just on the windows screen..is this normal because the laptop is very thin..

I don't have the answer about it being normal or not. I have not had the opportunity to play around with an Omen notebook yet.

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If you want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

HP Recommended
Thanks anyway..I will drop by to hp service centre here on saturday..let you know if they can resolve it..and if you have the chance to try the Omen please let me know as well if this issue happened.
HP Recommended

I hope that I can get one to play with this year. I am looking forward to it. 🙂

HP Recommended

I think that is the way they are. The one i have been working with does the same thing. The left fan is pretty loud while the right fan isnt as loud but you can hear it with a quiet room. I mean the hardware in the laptop is pretty hefty so it will run hotter then some.

HP Recommended

Hi

Could you enable the fan setting in bios so that both fans are running 

then boot into windows and go to Omen central ops and click on the advanced tab and then check the fans at max  box for about 5 mins and then uncheck it to see if works 

Sameer Dhillon 

I work for HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the right to say “Thanks” for helping!

HP Recommended
Hi Sameer!

Done what youve said and the sound lessen by only a bit. The 'wizzing' noise still there. Iv already bought a cooling pad where the fans are directed to the holes below the laptop.

By the way, I went to service centre and they've tried to check it but theyve just decided to replace it with a new one. They've tried other OS and updating the bios but they have not found any solution.
HP Recommended

Hi everyone!

I just bought an HP Omen about two days ago and I am experiencing the same fan problems. Even when just watching a youtube video the fans go to an insane level even though the components are pretty cool (I used a program to check the tempereatures).  If anyone finds any other solution let me know!

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.