Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Hi

For any other fan noise issue .Please follow the following steps

Go to HP support assistant (which is a small question mark in the corner )

Check for updates you should get a BIOS update

Please also make sure your windows is updated with optional updates like .Netframework

Please updated your Nvidia graphics driver to 344.75 which is the current latest one

Restart your PC and your fans should but running at normal rpm only kicking in when you play graphically demanding games  

Sameer Dhillon 

I work for HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the right to say “Thanks” for helping!

HP Recommended

Thanks for trying to help out.

Updated BIOS but fans still runs crazy noisy. 😞

Extremely annoying. Had the computer for 5 days now and nice apart from the fans. What's the deal?

HP Recommended

If your system fan sounds like it's running at maximum (but you're not driving it hard), it could be triggered accidentally.  Try hotkey: Fn+F (this enable/disable max fan), or open up HP OMEN Control - Advance tab to check max. fan option.

"Appreicate a Kudo if you like my post or find it useful."
HP Recommended

Thanks for your answer, JJLuvzU.

Sorry, but no, it's not only loud when running at maximum. Being loud running at max feels okay. 

I've updated BIOS, .netframework, and Nvidia to 344.75. And of course I'm not running the fans on maximum.

I disabled the "fan always on" option in BIOS, which means that it's absolutely silent for a couple of minutes but as soon as I search the web the fans start, and in my opinion they're way too noisy for the work load. 

The sound from the fans just trying to write this reply is very irretating. Is this sound from the fans something I'm expected to get used to? Compared to my previous laptops(MBP's) it's rediculous. Especially considering that this computer is brand new.

thanks,

Patrik

HP Recommended

Sorry it took so long to post back been busy. But yeah doing this did lower the fan noise. Ill have to do this on a couple others i have around here but so far so good.

HP Recommended

Bought an Omen not long ago, and it is noisy. The CPU fan is spinning, not at full speed, but very audible. The CPU temp is about 45C. What gives, HP? My MBP is practically silent at these temps. Even at 50C. Why is the fan aduible? I updated BIOS and turned off the 'fan on all the time' option. Is there a different fan curve you can provide?

HP Recommended

Same here.  The left (as you face the machine) fan runs continuously! even if the computer is just idling. The right one hardly runs at all. Turning off in the bios has no effect. The other suggestion, to run the fan full speed for  few minutes and then turn it off, also does nothing. The left fan just resumes running like crazy, and the right one pokes along. Am wondering if the machine is using the high powered graphics card all the time. Is there a way to SELECT the low-powered-integrated graphics and make that run as default? For just everyday use, it's not necessary to use the high powered card; but maybe it runs anyhow and can't be turned off? Only explanation I can think of why this may be happening.

HP Recommended

@Aerfally wrote:

Bought an Omen not long ago, and it is noisy. The CPU fan is spinning, not at full speed, but very audible. The CPU temp is about 45C. What gives, HP? My MBP is practically silent at these temps. Even at 50C. Why is the fan aduible? I updated BIOS and turned off the 'fan on all the time' option. Is there a different fan curve you can provide?

What is a "my MBP"?

Use of an acronym without defining it is not really helpful when making a comparison.

Don't forget that making a comparison of a gaming notebook to a desktop is almost like comparing apples to oranges.

The environmental and engineering constraints of the two are decidedly different.

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If my post was helpful or you just want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

HP Recommended

MBP = MacBookPro. My particulat one had a dedicated graphics card in it, although that is irrelevant, because the Omen's fan was loud at idle when just the basic Intel graphics were in use. I edned up buying an MSI GS60 Ghost (not as sleek, unfortunately, but lighter) and did a fan EC tweak. It is silent. 

HP Recommended
Hi got the new/replacement for my noisy omen last december and its ok now...didnt really explain to me how theyd resolved it but works perfectly quiet now...lets see on the coming days..
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.