Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Capture1.PNG

HP Recommended

Sorry for necroposting this but I never had this problem after a year of owning the laptop until today. The fans go full on maximum after a gaming session even the system is idle and nothing abnormal in my CPU and GPU temperature. I fixed it by uninstalling the Omen Control software.

But now I am left without the software and I can't use my function keys as I could not find the Windows 10 version. I am surprised the HP website has updated other Omen drivers and software to 10 but not the Omen Control.

HP Recommended

I bought the HP Omen 2 weeks ago, and now I wish I could send it back. Its gets TOO hot during gameplay and the noise in unbearable. Sitting in the quiet section of the train and all you can hear is this laptop. 

Shocking that HP release a laptop and the noise levels are awful. Will never buy another HP laptop again. Especially when it looks as though this is a issue known by them and 2 years later they are still manufacturing the same issue

HP Recommended

For those of you, like me, who have been chronic problems withe the fan on 2015 Omens and the Omen Pro, please contact HP. It seems that the thermal controller  is the cause; according the the engineer who sorted out my Omen Pro today, there was a bad batch which were stuck full on. Once the heat sink unit is swapped out for a new one, the Omen, under normal use, is whisper quiet.

Hope this helps.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.