cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Dane_G
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 1
Flag Post

HP Omen Latency

HP Recommended
HP Omen 15-5050
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi,
I've bought a new Windows laptop:-

• HP Omen
  • Intel Core i7-4710 2.5Ghz
  • 16Gb RAM
  • 256GB SSD
  • Came running Windows 8.1 64bit.  Have since forced a Windows 10 64bit update through.

I wish to use the laptop for DJing, hence why latency is a major factor.  Unfortunately I get terrible audio dropouts on both Traktor DJ and Virtual DJ.  These occurred in both Windows 8.1 and Windows 10; therefore assume this is a laptop specific issue.

I've carried out all of the recommended changes to optimise my system, disabled unneccessary drivers etc.
On running LatencyMonitor, the main culprits are:-

• wdf01000.sys - ISR count of 5110124
  • HDAudBus.sys - ISR count of 9024

In addition, I get the following message:-

'one or more ISR routines that belong to a driver running in your system appear to be executing for too long. One problem may be related to power management, disable CPU throttling settings in Control Panel and BIOS setup. Check for BIOS updates.'

All of the advanced power management options have been adjusted correctly in advanced power management, yet the message still appears, with no way of making any power changes in the BIOS.

Seeing as I've forked out £1400 for this laptop (which is pretty much an expensive paperweight at the present time) this is a major annoyance. Any help here would be much appreciated.

Thank in advance,
Dane

0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation