cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Dowey2015
4 3 0 0
Message 1 of 10
Flag Post

HP Omen Problems...

HP Recommended
HP Omen Notebook PC 15
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have had multuple problems with my nvidia so I decided to do a full reset to see if anything would change. After the reset I realised main drivers and applications were not reinstalled and I could not reinstall them from this website either. Things like the Recovery app is no longer existant on my laptop and many more.

Here are some other problems I have encounted and more things adding to what I have said.

Nvidia Kerner Error. (Can occur while loading a game or while playing a game)
Nvidia no longer optimises games.
Nvidia Gefore experience freezes computer when trying to optimise games.
Hp omen control not working.
Missing recovery app after reset.
Missing drivers and apps after reset. (Some of which I redownload myself)
- Benchmark programs ; Heaven and Unigine Valley
- Hp omem Central opps
Hp omen mouse x9000
Energy Star
inter (R) Smart conection technology
Hp support Assistance
Hp documentation
Hp registration service
Intel (R) Pro/wireless driver
Realtek Card reader
Intel wireless bluetooth
HP Omen Control
HP System event Utility
Hp wireless button driver
Intel update manager
Nvidia Gefore Experience
Nvidia Driver
Hp performace advisor
Recovery App

Thanks for any help in advance.

Jack

9 REPLIES 9
aks3621
Level 6
Level 6
445 433 24 69
Message 2 of 10
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi, 

Thank you for posting your concern on the Support Forums and sorry about the issue you are having. I went through your post and looks like I should be able to help you out with the issue, but it  would require the complete restoration of the unit to its original factory settings that means the data on the computer will be erased and along with it the software that might be installed on it.

Here is a link also with the screen shots as to how the recovery process would look like (windows 7)-

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c01867418

(Windows 😎

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c03489643?jumpid=reg_r1002_usen_c-001_title_r0004

Or

Please follow the steps below to perform recovery –

• Shut down the unit.
  • To turn it back press the Power button and as soon as you release it, keep tapping the “ESC” key, unless a screen comes up, you might want to wait for a minute while tapping the key.
  • In the startup menu, choose F11 – System Recovery.
  • On the next page of all the options you need to choose – “Troubleshoot”. (If it’s a windows 8 unit or you can skip this step)
  • On the next page you will have to choose “Recovery Manager”. (If it’s a windows 8 unit or you can skip this step)
  • On the next page in the first column , under “I need help immediately” you need to choose “Minimized Image Recovery”. This is different from RESET so please try this.
    • Now here you may get an option to back up your files, as there would be an option saying – recover after backing up files, or recover without backing up data.
    • You will have to insert the disk follow the on –screen instructions from here on and unit would be reset to its original state.

Now in case you need any further assistance do write us back or call HP SUPPORT @ 1-800-474-6836 [24/7 SUPPORT].

Although I work for HP but I'm speaking for myself.

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" on the left to say “Thanks” for helping!

Regards

Aks3621

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
Dowey2015
Author
4 3 0 0
Message 3 of 10
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi there, thanks for your reply, is there a windows 10 guide? also I have no disk drive because this computer is mainly for gaming and doesnt include one. So what do I if I cannot follow these steps?

Jack

aks3621
Level 6
Level 6
445 433 24 69
Message 4 of 10
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hey Jack, 

Most of the steps are relevant to windows 10 as well for recovery. Like you shut down the computer and once you try to power up, push the power button, and keep tapping Esc Key. You would see start up menu, and you choose F11- SYSTEM RECOVERY, it will take some time to load up and then among the options like continue, troubleshoot etc. you would choose TROUBLESHOOT. Then there will multiple options like recovery manager, reset your PC, Advanced options and you need to choose RECOVERY MANAGER, that should be all and under recovery manager you may choose MINIMIZED IMAGE RECOVERY or if that is not available then SYSTEM IMAGE RECOVERY

If you get stuck anywhere just write me back I'm avaialble now for a couple of hours lets see, if you can post your questions and I can guide you further.

AKS3621

Dowey2015
Author
4 3 0 0
Message 5 of 10
Flag Post
HP Recommended
Why do I get no option to select system recovery because this would be the best solution for me right now? The option is in grey rather than blue and cannot be used.
Thanks Jack
aks3621
Level 6
Level 6
445 433 24 69
Message 6 of 10
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I understand , ok, lets try this -

Tap ESC > F11 > Troubleshoot > Advanced Options > System Image Recovery.

If this doesn't work as well then 

Tap ESC >F11 > Troubleshoot > Reset > (do a compleet reset without saving any files)

If you get any error messages please write back , screen shots would be helpful 

Regards

AKS3621

Dowey2015
Author
4 3 0 0
Message 7 of 10
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I have already done 2 full resets and they dont seem to restore everything from factory, I am still missing main softwares and applications?

iMaxx
Level 8
Level 8
579 559 29 240
Message 8 of 10
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Windows 10 does remove some of the softare that is installed by default (I've loaded Win10 on mine many times - testing reasons.) and some of them do not show up under the Win 10 section of the drivers page on the HP Support site. (The Voodoo control panel, for example, that drivers the keyboard colours, et al.) but you acn still get them from the Windows 8.1 section and they work just fine. 🙂

Also... nVidia drivers. Not much you can do there but go to 355.xx for now.

I discovered a bad issue with the GF Experience app and the latest release of the nvidia drivers that would cause BSoD's and "gpu not responding" errors.

nVidia is aware are already have a pretty solid fix in the works.

I am an HP Employee
Quality Manager - HP VR / Z Desktops
-----
iMaxx” FORMER VOODOO PC / HP LEGACY GAMING SERVICE MANAGER
While I am an HP employee, my comments and suggestions are my own and do not represent HP Inc.
iMaxx
Level 8
Level 8
579 559 29 240
Message 9 of 10
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Dowey2015 wrote:
Why do I get no option to select system recovery because this would be the best solution for me right now? The option is in grey rather than blue and cannot be used.
Thanks Jack

This can be tricky as it all depends on how you installed Windows 10. If it was an upgrade, the recovery options (F11) should still be there.

If you manually installed Win10 form scratch on that handy USN key that Microsoft let you make, it may have been wiped out.

I am an HP Employee
Quality Manager - HP VR / Z Desktops
-----
iMaxx” FORMER VOODOO PC / HP LEGACY GAMING SERVICE MANAGER
While I am an HP employee, my comments and suggestions are my own and do not represent HP Inc.
aks3621
Level 6
Level 6
445 433 24 69
Message 10 of 10
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi, 

At this point of time I would suggest you to get Recovery Media and try doing recovery from that, if you have already created the recovery media you can sure use that if not please follow the instructions below to order RCDs-

• Go to com
  • Up at the top, next to HP Logo, there will be multiple tabs, hover your mouse over “Support” Tab.
  • Choose the first options “ Software and Drivers”
  • You will have to enter the product#, click on Find my product and on next page if you see multiple units choose the right one.
  • On the next page you will have to choose the operating system that came with your computer (RCDs won't be available for any other operating system) You can choose that below the picture of your PC, if something is set to default at the right edge you would see the change button to put it back o the original OS that came with the unit.
  • Update the list. 
  • Once you do that, you gotta scroll down the page – “Order Recovery Media-CD/DVD/USB”.
  • Next You will need to choose “Order Media”
  • Then you need to enter the serial number and the shipping information, choose right shipping option and follow the on screen instructions to order RCDs.

Although I work for HP but I'm speaking for myself.

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" on the left to say “Thanks” for helping!

Regards

Aks3621

ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation