cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HPOMEN1
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post

HP Omen Screen ISSUE!!!!

HP Recommended
HP Omen
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I just bought the HP omen 3 months ago and it started have this bright glow / bleed on the edges of the screen as shown in the image below.

What could be the problem? Is my notebook defective? I thought the HP screen was awesome until this happened.

Really frustrated!!!

IMG_1611.JPG

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
TechMCTS
Level 2
18 18 1 1
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi 

Couldnt open your image but 

Try do this access bios and check if the problem can be seen in bios if so it might be physical and you have to send it to repair if not try to update all drivers ( in windows update and in HP Support Assistant) and check if you have your bios with the latest version. You can always run a display test like this 

http://www.passmark.com/products/monitortest.htm

Hope it helps,

Click the "Kudos, Thumbs Up" at the bottom of this post if you want to say "Thanks!"
Please click "Accept as Solution" if you feel that my post solved your issue.

0 Kudos
HPOMEN1
Author
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thanks for the reply.

Did the update except the bios as it wouldnt allow me to update from the HP Assistant. When i tried to download it from the hp website and install it manually it says the bios is blocked! Im currently on version F.05 and the latest bios is F.32.

So aside from this screen issue i am having i now found out i cant update my bios.

keeps getting worst and worst.

0 Kudos
Mutoidi
Level 2
20 18 0 2
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

The BIOS has since been updated to Version F.34 Rev.A.. but largely to provide support for additional notebook models.

This screen light-bleed problem is a munufacturing issue I reckon.

I share your concern with the dreadful IPS screen-bleed on the Omen model.. I purchased a 15-5206tx recently and it is VERY disappointing, particularly when requiring a pure black background, such as watching video/DVD etc.. and (ahem..) GAMES..

It is rather like looking out through a window at night, and there being 3 or 4 full moons just out of frame, but shining hazily through the mist onto your screen!

C'mon HP.. this is a mid-upper range gaming machine with a supposedly top end HD screen!

Just not true.. or good enough!

My 12 year old Toshiba Satellite A70 (which was due to be replaced by this Omen) still has a perfect screen, with pure blacks and no bleed what so ever.

Has anyone experienced the 4K screen resolution option on this Omen model?

And if so was it suffering similar issues?

To be fair, the rest of the machine ROCKS and is a beautiful and strong design.. so stupid to let it all down on the very thing that INTERFACES with humans = The Screen!

This one's going to the repair shop asap anyway.

0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation