cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
firefly09
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 7
Flag Post

HP Omen Screen backlight bleeding

HP Recommended
HP Omen
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

Hi

I purchased the HP Omen laptop online just over a week ago. It's a really nice laptop with one major disapointment the screen has backlight bleed in some of the corners and around the edges, for me this was an expensive laptop and I was hoping it would be my main machine but this has taken the enjoyment out of owning a new and what I thought was a premium model.

I was wondering is this a common problem with these types of panels? Its not noticable in normal use but watch a film trailer, movies, etc with black areas and whilst not massive it is certainly noticable.

0 Kudos
6 REPLIES 6
Alex-CM
Level 4
118 115 7 15
Message 2 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended
Hi!
Since I do not know where you bought this (maybe iBuypower?) I would suggest that you contact them and ask them if it is a normal occurrence for their version of the Omen. With some online bought computers, components are swapped out for others.

I hope this helps!
If you feel that I helped you, give me a thumbs up button and hit the "accept as answer" button so others can find the answer as well 🙂 .
0 Kudos
firefly09
Author
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thanks for your response I brought it from Very.co.uk and I assumed it come direct from HP themselves?

0 Kudos
Alex-CM
Level 4
118 115 7 15
Message 4 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Perhaps. I am not a UK citizen, but I am assuming that very.co.uk is a bidding website like ebay, right?

I suggets you contact the seller and ask them if a: it came direct from HP and b: if this issue is commonplace.

I hope this helps!
If you feel that I helped you, give me a thumbs up button and hit the "accept as answer" button so others can find the answer as well 🙂 .
0 Kudos
Casperkj3lland
2 2 0 0
Message 5 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hey! I actually have the exact same problem with mine but also in the middle of the screen.. I just got it back from HP, who said that they couldn't cover the repair because their warranty didn't cover if it was a problem caused by yourself. That's fine by me, but they told me that I had dropped it on the ground and that's a problem since there isn't a single scratch on it. The bleeding in the edges was a flaw by day one. How about your chassis around your screen? Is it loose? 

0 Kudos
Riddle_Decipher
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
31,166 31,117 2,612 3,966
Message 6 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Casperkj3lland

Thank you for posting on the HP Support Forums,

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. 

They will contact you shortly and likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. 

Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. 

Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (such as serial numbers and case details).

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts to help you out, mark my post as Accepted Solution.

And click on the Purple Thumbs up icon at the bottom of my comment.

Regards,

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

Casperkj3lland
2 2 0 0
Message 7 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended
Thanks,
How should i expect an approach from Them? E-mail or on this website?
0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation