cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
rmatsu
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post

HP Omen: Won't turn on due to malfuncitoning fan / Error when coming back from long sleep

HP Recommended
HP Omen 15-5000na
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

There's 2 issues with my Omen laptop I bought late March (2015)

1. Whenever laptop come back from long sleep (ie. close screen for night and open again in morning), I get some sort of DRIVER_ERROR message and I'm forced to restart after it collects some kind of error report.
  2. Sometimes when laptop restarts (not all the time), within the BIOS (before Windows starts) I get warning message that fan is malfunctioning and I get message for 10 seconds and turns itself off.
    But other times it boots up without problem.

Please let me know if more info is required.

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
iMaxx
Level 8
Level 8
579 567 29 240
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

That's a tough one.

My best course of action suggestion would be to reinstall every driver, just in case. (Do a  full recovery if needed... Win8 can do that without killing your personal files.)

Reflashing the BIOS wouldn't hurt either.

Now the fan... is it ramping up and down as needed? FN-F work? Is it making noise?

(Editied for spelling.)

I am an HP Employee
Quality Manager - HP VR / Z Desktops
-----
iMaxx” FORMER VOODOO PC / HP LEGACY GAMING SERVICE MANAGER
While I am an HP employee, my comments and suggestions are my own and do not represent HP Inc.
0 Kudos
rmatsu
Author
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

This was happening since Win8 and kept happening after installing Win10 (was hoping this would solve the issue...)

I did factory re-install (full recovery), but that did not help either.

BIOS is up to date on latest version from HP... I'll try re-install latest one again.

As far as fann goes, it's acting little odd. it ramps up to full speed for about 20sec and goes to low for couple of minutes, and rinse and repeat. This is while watching video on YouTube with only 2 tabs open and no other program running (there may be background process but no other apps), and laptop isn't too hot.

0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation