cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
machoogan
3 2 0 0
Message 1 of 6
Flag Post

HP Omen backlight not displaying the correct color?

HP Recommended
HP Omen 5012tx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi everyone. Recently my HP omen BSOD all of a sudden, and then the macro keys to the right suddenly lost the ability to display any color other than dark blue. Would anyone have an idea what the issue is caused by?

0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
DocCottle
Retired
Retired
5,028 4,829 404 709
Message 2 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hey @machoogan,

Welcome to the HP Support Forums!

I see that you are having some issues with the keyboard backlight on your HP OMEN Notebook - 15-5012tx. I can help you with that.

First, do the following:

1. In your search bar type in Device Manager.
  2. Open Device Manager from the Search results.
  3. Click View
  4. Show Hidden Devices.
  5. Click the arrow next to Keyboards.
  6. Right-click the keyboard device name.
  7. Select Uninstall.
  8. Continue removing device names in the Keyboards category until all device names have been uninstalled.
  9. Restart the notebook twice.  

This document outlines how to customize your keyboard.

You can also find more from  this post by @EmeraldAvenger.

Please let me know if you are able to resolve this issue. If you are able to resolve your issue, please click on Accept Solution. If you appreciate my help, please click on the thumbs up icon. Both icons are below this post.

~DocCottle
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” below the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution.

Please click the Thumbs up icon below to say “Thanks” for helping!
machoogan
Author
3 2 0 0
Message 3 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

So should I remove even the "standard ps/2 keyboard"? Thanks.

0 Kudos
DocCottle
Retired
Retired
5,028 4,829 404 709
Message 4 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Yes. After you uninstall and restart twice that software will repopulate on its own.

~DocCottle
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” below the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution.

0 Kudos
machoogan
Author
3 2 0 0
Message 5 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I tried it out, and restarted twice, but unfortunately it doesn't seem to work. Could it be a hardware issue perhaps?

0 Kudos
DocCottle
Retired
Retired
5,028 4,829 404 709
Message 6 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

If the first link did not provide you with a solution, please follow the troubleshooting steps in the second link and let me know the results after following that thread and any included links.

~DocCottle
I work on behalf of HP

0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation