cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Frandle
2 0 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post

HP Omen fan noise is loud?

HP Recommended
HP Omen
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

Hello people

I recently bought my Omen and I have been encountering an issue with its fan

I know several people had it but I have never found an solution to it.

It is running at reasonable speed that I can actually hear it clearly, even when it is not on heavy load.

Might be the RAM usuage but not even sure because I am using around 4-5 GB with few chrome tabs and other apps running.

I find this when I am not gaming since I can constantly hear the fan and it kinda irritates me 😕

I made sure that Maximum Fan Speed isn't on and made sure that fan is disabled on BIOS

Are there any solutions?

Thanks 

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
D5GR
Retired
Retired
3,533 3,002 182 479
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP.

They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact.

Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post serial numbers and case details.

If you are unfamiliar with how the Forum's private message capability works, this post has instructions.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/First-Time-Here-Learn-How-to-Post-and-More/How-to-check-your-messages/t...

Please click the "Thumbs Up" on the bottom right of this post to say thank you if you appreciate the support I provide!

Also be sure to mark my post as “Accept as Solution" if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others who face the same challenge find the same solution.

D5GR
I work on behalf of HP
0 Kudos
stoilcho
1 1 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended
I am experiencing the same problem. I tried everything suggested - turning off fan is always on from bios, upgrading drivers. But the fan is running loudly under relatively light use. Can someone please tell me how to proceed - should I just bring it in for repairs?
0 Kudos
David-P
Level 2
23 21 0 1
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended
0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation