Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP Omen 5002nx
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

Hello people,

I have recently purchased my HP Omen laptop & am having some trouble with the fans.

The other day i was working with some designing & photo editing softwares & also GoPro video software for hours, after working with such heavy softwares & using a lot of processing power, i was hoping that both the fans would come in play, but even after working 5-6 hours, only one of the two fans were working (right fan working).

Is this normal & does not need both fans or am i having a faulty fan. How do i check it.

I am worried that maybe i have a faulty fan & if i do i want to get it checked under warranty,

Thanks

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hi!

The OMEN Has Controls For The Fans

You Can Reset The BIOS And HP Omen Control Center

And Also You Can Put The Fans To Max Thew The OMEN Control Center

The Problem Here Is It Is On Normal Which It Should Be But When Your Gaming Or Video Editing It Should Be Set To MAX Or Faster

I Have A OMEN And Always Set To MAX When Gaming And Faster When Video Editing And Put It To Normal When Watching YouTube And Right Now Here On The Forums Being The Geek I' Am!:smileywink:

Good Luck!

Regards: 1029rjmenvy17t

Please 'KUDO' If You Like for Thumbs Up and 'Accept As Solution' If This Fixed Your Problem

To Help Other People Find This and Help Them Fix the Same or Similar Problems

HP Recommended

So was it normal to only have one fan working?? i am encountering that problem too.
When put to max, yeah, i can feel two fan. but when it's back to normal, its just one fan.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.