Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Omen
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

I just bought a HP Omen, I bought it the best of the best with 16 gigs of ram, and maxxed out everything I could. I've found that games run, "smooth", but FPS is super low. I was reaserching the issue and found that low GHz could be the issue.  So I looked at my GHz and found that it was only 2.60. Is their a way to increas that? Or a way to just increase my overall performance.?

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Hi,

There are few HP Omen machines around, what is the product of your HP Omen ? Please use the following instructions to find out the model/product of your machine:

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c00033108

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

Product name:HP OMEN Notebook
Product number:L3Y55AV#ABA

BIOS:F.23-03/23/2015
Keyboard revision:02.37
Total memory:16.00 GB
Processor name:Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4720HQ CPU @ 2.60GHz

HP Recommended

Hi,

Firstly, please edit your post and REMOVE the s/n of your machine. Your machine is one of the following bunch:

http://www8.hp.com/us/en/products/laptops/product-detail.html?oid=7771339#!tab=models

They use Intel® Core™ i7-4720HQ with Intel HD Graphics 4600 (2.6 GHz, up to 3.6 GHz, 6 MB cache, 4 cores). For CPU, its max speed is 3.6GHz but system can only run at that speed in a very short period when required (automatically). Because higher speed will generate heat and this will damage a machine in no time.

Alter BIOS can increase clock speed manually (or overclock) a machine. Unfortunately this is not the case, because one understanding reason: vendors (all of them, may be Asus not on the list) don't want customers return their machines due to heat therefore they lock the BIOS down. If you wish to overclock your machine for games, build a desktop machine for yourself.

Note: I know a company, it has to reduce clock speed of their CPU's on newer machines due to heat.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

I do belive that I can overclock my computer. I think it is in fact underclocked. I think with 16 gigs of RAM and Nvidia I should be getting great FPS. But I'm only getting lowish FPS. I understand that Overclocking is "Harmful", But I belive that if I get a cooling pad, for my OMEN, it should work fine. But I wont do anything without doing a lot of reasearch.

On a differnet note, my graphics card seems to be being "overpowered" by my Intel Grapics thing. When I play games on it I can see only my Intel Graphics thing. But I don't know.

HP Recommended

Any tips on making it run faster?

HP Recommended

That isn't the answer, pelase do not post that it is on other cites.   http://www.wikiguga.com/topic/bd5add6f2a949b9bb90f265a992a85bd

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.