cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
djdallin
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

HP Omen overheat fan turning off problems

HP Recommended
Omen 15 inch
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello, I bought an HP omen 15 inch laptop. Its new and it has been running great. Recently i have been playing Battlefield 1 on this laptop and it runs smoothly but now it starts to heat up and the fans decide to stop functioning at max. The FPS starts to die and the laptop starts to slow... I dont understand why it turns the fans down so much when the laptop is obiously running hot... Im waiting for a cooling pad in the mail to see if this helps but this even happens while playing less demanding games like league of legends. I would like to know how i can sovle this problem of my fans turning off or running slower when the computer is running hot. Sometimes i can restart the computer and it runs fine afterwards... Or i restart it and let it rest and cool down too. Any thoughts?

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
Sizzlingsum_13
Retired
Retired
1,409 1,409 74 136
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@djdallin

Welcome to the HP Forums, I hope you're well 🙂 

As I understand the computer is overheating and fans not functioning at max.

To let you know this isn't a known issue as such, however, I have a few steps to resolve this issue: 

Symptoms of heat issues and causes of excessive heat 

The following list describes some of the issues caused by overheating in the notebook: 

* Games stop responding during play. 

* Windows stops responding during use. 

* Fans inside the notebook become louder because they are spinning faster as the laptop gets hot, to remove the heat. 

* When starting the laptop, it sometimes stops at a black screen and does not open into Windows. Windows usually stop responding when it does open. 

The following list describes some causes of excessive heat: 

* Dust inside the laptop. 

* A new component, such as a hard drive, is added. The extra component causes the power supply to work harder and generate more heat. Extra heat also radiates off the new component and adds to the temperature inside the case. 

* Over time, some cooling fans might slow down and wear out, as the laptop is getting hot, depending on the usage of the laptop. 

* High ambient room temperature. 

Step 1: Removing dust and lint by cleaning vents 

Step 2: Ensuring proper space for ventilation 

Step 3: Updating the BIOS 

Step 4: Using HP CoolSense technology 

Step 5: Placing the notebook in a cooler room 

Step 6: Testing for hardware failure 

If the hardware has failed, either replace the bad component or contact HP for further assistance 

If you wish to help others looking for the same solution as you've found, mark the post as Accepted Solution. If you wish to show appreciation for my effort, please click the Thumbs up icon at the bottom of my comment. And I Hope you have a good day, Ahead. 

Regards,
Sizzlingsum_13
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation