cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
birog
3 2 0 0
Message 1 of 6
Flag Post

HP Pavilion 15-AB207NH - LAN speed

HP Recommended
Pavilion 15-AB207NH

Hello All,

Could someone help me and confirm what is the type and speed of the network interface in the Pavilion 15-AB207NH? All the specifications I'm able to find says 10/100 Mbit/sec network interface, which is hard to believe: I don't even think Intel is producing any laptop chipset without Gigabit ethernet nowadays.

I'm about to buy this notebook in the coming days, but if it has 100 Mbit/sec only I will need to find a different one.

Thanks for all the help..

0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
erico
Level 17
Level 17
47,951 42,191 4,642 12,404
Message 2 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

It has a 10/100 Base-T ethernet LAN interface

http://support.hp.com/us-en/product/HP-Pavilion-15-Notebook-PC-series/8499306/model/9092653/document...

I am not an HP Employee.
birog
Author
3 2 0 0
Message 3 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thanks very much Erico, I have found this specifications by myself as well, but can it be real? I mean in 2016 for a laptop with this specifications (5200U, 8GB RAM, FHD IPS screen, etc...) a 10/100 NIC is kind of ridicolous. I tend to believe this is more like a typo in the specs, but of course I can't be sure about it. Anyhow, this is a no-go for me if it's having a 10/100 only.

Not sure if there is anyone around having this same model and can confirm what is really inside 🙂

0 Kudos
erico
Level 17
Level 17
Message 4 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Most people are using consumer and enthusiast grade notebook's wireless solutions for their networking connections.

I have used the usb NIC, that was delivered with my current HP Omen 15 product loan notebook, only once.  

The reason for that is simple . The wifi adapter that it was deilvered with is am 802.11ac version.  I have an 802.11ac router.

I am not an HP Employee.
birog
Author
3 2 0 0
Message 5 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello and thanks again for taking time to answer me!

Unfortunately this device has a 802.11n wifi only which will not go beyond 100-120 Mbps in practice. This is more than enough for "casual" use, I admit, but not good enough for my usage pattern. 

The really weird thing is that I believe this model should be based on some recent chipset from Intel (too bad that the specifications are not mentioning the chipset type), and I think all those should have gigabit LAN onboard. So I really believe this is a typo, but I'm afraid I'm not going to buy it if it's not 100% sure.

Anyway thanks again, I will keep looking for a different model with similar specs, but with gigabit and/or 802.11ac.

0 Kudos
erico
Level 17
Level 17
Message 6 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

The HP Gaming notebook would probably suit your needs.

http://store.hp.com/us/en/pdp/hp-pavilion-15-non-touch-m0u61av-1

I am not an HP Employee.
0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation