cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Gabrielcamp
6 5 0 0
Message 1 of 13
Flag Post

HP Prime not working

HP Recommended
HP Prime
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

I updated my HP Prime and after using it for a while it simply turned off and doesn't turn on! I called the support and they instructed me to try some procedures to fix the calculator. Nothing worked out. The worst part is that HP doesn't have ANY authorised service in Brazil for HP Prime and the warranty expired a couple weeks ago, so the calculator is DEAD because of a HP's mistake of and I can't even fix it!!

12 REPLIES 12
Tim_Wessman
Level 8
Level 8
747 744 121 188
Message 2 of 13
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Were you doing something particular with the unit? Using any programs?

TW

Although I work for the HP calculator group as a head developer of the HP Prime, the views and opinions I post here are my own.
Was this reply helpful? Yes No
Gabrielcamp
Author
6 5 0 0
Message 3 of 13
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I transfered a file to the calculator.

Tim_Wessman
Level 8
Level 8
747 744 121 188
Message 4 of 13
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Which file? Something small? Something large?

TW

Although I work for the HP calculator group as a head developer of the HP Prime, the views and opinions I post here are my own.
Gabrielcamp
Author
6 5 0 0
Message 5 of 13
Flag Post
HP Recommended

A converted pdf file. It was less than 1 MB I think.

andy11
Level 5
167 141 11 12
Message 6 of 13
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Tell us yet what HP people suggested you to do to fix the problem. Have you tried to reset the calculastor to factory settings?

Maké
Level 9
3,551 3,458 180 540
Message 7 of 13
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi!, @Gabrielcamp:

How, are you ?. 

First, download firmware, connectivity kit and Virtual Emulator, of ultimate version, from ... ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/calculators/Prime/

Install, the three files.

Can you try, remove the battery and connect directly, with USB-microUSB, the HP PRIME and PC, for check, if the PC recognize, the PC and run ?. 

Kind Regards !.
Have a nice day !.
@Maké (Technical Advisor Premium - HP Program Top Contributor).
Provost in HP Spanish Public Forum ... https://h30467.www3.hp.com/
Gabrielcamp
Author
6 5 0 0
Message 8 of 13
Flag Post
HP Recommended
Hi. They suggested to do some procedires like press "F", "O", and another key, than press Reset. They also suggested to remove the battery and connect rhe calculator to the computer. I've also tried to press "Apps" "On" and "Esc", and "On" and "Symb". Nothing happened... It doesn't turn on and the PC doesn't recognize it.
Gabrielcamp
Author
6 5 0 0
Message 9 of 13
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I've tried this already and nothing happened. The computer didn't recognize the device. 

Maké
Level 9
3,551 3,458 180 540
Message 10 of 13
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi!, @Gabrielcamp:

Ok.

If with C+F+O key's and insert point, of clip, not run, when you depress C+F+O, remove the clip and press ON key, then ...

1) Check, if your battery, is the original, from HP. This, is with, Lithium ion

3.7VDC - 1500 mAh (5.5Wh.)

FOR USE WITH HP HSTNJ-BC01 PRODUCT ONLY

IEC 61960 number: 1ICP6/51/63

Battery Model Name : 484461AR

S/N°: xxxxxxxxxx

2) Try, with one tester, if battery have, with full charge (100%), ~ 4.00VDC.

The positive pole, is the first, in the left bottom side (+), indicated in the tag.

The negative pole, is the third, from the left bottom side (-), indicated in the tag.

3) Check, if the connector cable, have ... SPS PN:727660-001 (HPPN 728122-001). Too, try, with other, connector USB-microUSB cable (is similar, of any other tablet, HP or, cellular phone Samsumg) and too, try, in other device, with USB2/3 connector.

Question: Have you warranty, available ?. If yes, call, to HP Support and Assistance of HP, more near your home, from ... http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Android/Phone-Assistance-in-the-world/td-p/5038024

Kind Regards !.
Have a nice day !.
@Maké (Technical Advisor Premium - HP Program Top Contributor).
Provost in HP Spanish Public Forum ... https://h30467.www3.hp.com/
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation