cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
TasmanicaMate
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post

HP and Outdated Intel HD 4600 Driver Issue...

HP Recommended
Envy Omen 15-5012TX
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi All - Need some assistance after trolling the forums I am still without a solution.

My HP Envy Omen 15-5012TX

K5C63PA#ABG

Intel Core i7-4710HQ

Windows 10 64Bit - Upgraded from 8.1

I realy NEED an uptodate solution for the intel HD4600 graphics driver it crashes Chrome/Edge/IE all the time as an unsupported Win 8.1 Intel HD4600 Driver.

I see this issue all over the place cant use the Intel Version as not compatible with HP and HP's version is very outdated.

Who has a solution for me?

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
Zincas
Level 7
Level 7
409 408 45 84
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hallo TasmanicaMate,

Thanks for joining us on HP forum,

I will try to see if I can solve your problem.

I have seen this problem 1 times before.

What I did was first.

Download DDU(Display driver uninstaller) link: http://www.guru3d.com/files-get/display-driver-uninstaller-download,20.html

Run it and remove the intel driver (There is a drop down menu in the program where you can select Graphic drivers.)

When you have done that I downloaded Intel automatic driver founder from Intel website. Link: http://www.intel.eu/content/www/eu/en/support/detect.html

Install it. When that is down it should start search for graphic drivers, when it have found one please install it. Restart the computer after and test.

Hope it helps.

Thanks

Zincas
I am an HP notebook/printer technician.

Please click “Accept as Solution ” on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution.
Click the Thumbs Up on the left to say “Thanks” for helping!
0 Kudos
TasmanicaMate
Author
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thanks Zincas

I have followed the procedure that you documented.

The Intel driver was uninstalled and replaced with the Generic windows driver. All Good.

I downloaded th eIntel driver update utility and ran a scan this identified a new driver for the video adaptor 

Ver: 15.33.42.4358 Date: 2/4/16

On attempting to instal this it gave the error message:

"This computer does not meet the minimum requirements to install this software"

It then proceded to request a reboot and left the Generic driver installed.

I have reverted back to the latest Intel driver from the HP Drivers site for my notebook and have the following installed:

Ver: 20.19.15.4300 Date: 01/10/15

This is where i started so i am no further along and still have the outdated driver.

Any thoughts?

Thanks for your assistance to date 🙂

0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation