cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
hykhleif
4 0 0 1
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post

HP omen and gaming concerns and questions

HP Recommended
HP omen
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

i bought the hp omen and almost most games i run makes the computer hot especially at the top side of the keyboard where the power button is located

can anyonr tell me their experience in running the following games

1- assassins creed unity

2-fifa 2015

3- far cry 4

4- call of uty 4

are their something spcific i should to increase performance and reduce heat

i am worried to play games that can damage my laptop because of the heat

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
iMaxx
Level 8
Level 8
579 567 29 240
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Gah, I have none of these games.

Mine can run hot, as mentioned in another thread, when I am really taxing it.

I got up to 84c in Unreal Tournament Pre-Alpha.

What is needed is the actual temps of the unit when understress.

I used an app called GPUz and it's free. Just run it in the background and turn on logging. (You can also just Alt-Tab out of the game and see what the GPU temp is at at that time.)

Be sure to set GPUz to look at the nVidia GPU and not the Intel one. 🙂

When you have the results, post them here and I can tell you if there are normal or not.

Let me know how it goes. 🙂

I am an HP Employee
Quality Manager - HP VR / Z Desktops
-----
iMaxx” FORMER VOODOO PC / HP LEGACY GAMING SERVICE MANAGER
While I am an HP employee, my comments and suggestions are my own and do not represent HP Inc.
0 Kudos
JJLuvzU
Level 4
Level 4
93 92 3 34
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Increasing performance usually leads to more heat, I don't think there is any method to gain system performance without creating more heat.  (Maybe have additonal cooling system?)

I wouldn't be worrying too much about damaging the system, this hardware is designed and built to run heavy-loading games.

"Appreicate a Kudo if you like my post or find it useful."
0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation