cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
PackerFan_69
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post

HP omen keyboard lighta dont work

HP Recommended
HP Omen 15-5030dx
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

I have the latest BIOS update, Installed System Event Utility, restarted. Pressed f5, and they still only flash. HELP laptop is less than a week old.

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
Malygris1
Retired
Retired
7,771 6,895 454 848
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi there@PackerFan_69 

Welcome to the HP Support Forums! It is a great place to find the help you need, both from other users, HP experts and other support personnel.

I believe you are saying that the keyboard lights are not working, please correct me if I am wrong.

Also, please verify and post the full product number for your notebook. See the following, if you need help with that information. How Do I Find My Model Number or Product Number?

Any other details you can give me would also be helpful. However, as it is such a new notebook, and to get you up and running faster you can also call our technical support at 800-474-6836. If you live outside the US/Canada Region, please click the link below to get the support number for your region.
http://www8.hp.com/us/en/contact-hp/ww-phone-assist.html

Malygris1
I work on behalf of HP
Please click Accept as Solution if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click Kudos Thumbs Up on the right to say “Thanks” for helping!
0 Kudos
iMaxx
Level 8
Level 8
579 567 29 240
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

F5 is the key, but you may need to press FN and F5 at the same time.

I am an HP Employee
Quality Manager - HP VR / Z Desktops
-----
iMaxx” FORMER VOODOO PC / HP LEGACY GAMING SERVICE MANAGER
While I am an HP employee, my comments and suggestions are my own and do not represent HP Inc.
0 Kudos
JJLuvzU
Level 4
Level 4
93 92 3 34
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Packerfan, are you observing this issue right out of box?  Or did you perform a clean-install of Microsoft Windows?  Beside having the latest BIOS & HP System Event Utility, you'll also need to install HP OMEN Control, for the case of fresh install.

"Appreicate a Kudo if you like my post or find it useful."
0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation