cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Dylan06
5 2 0 0
Message 1 of 5
Flag Post

Hp Omen 15 Backlight Issues

HP Recommended
HP Omen 15
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

Hi,

i bought the HP omen 15 laptop yesterday, and i have noticed problems with the backlighting for the centre section of the keyboard... sometimes it doesn't light up or it displays a different colour to what was selected.  How can this be fixed?

Regards,

Dylan

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
Sparkles1
Retired
Retired
14,461 14,098 715 1,914
Message 2 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi @Dylan06 

Welcome to the HP Forums!Smiley Happy

It is a terrific place to find answers and suggestions!

For you to have the best experience in the HP forum I would like to direct your attention to the HP Forums Guide Learn How to Post and More

How Do I Find My Model Number or Product Number?

I understand that the backlight on the keyboard either does not work or it displays a different color then was selected.

Did you do a bios update, if so please try restoring the bios.

HP Notebook PCs - Recover an Earlier Version of BIOS

Have you ran the  HP Support Assistant ?

If the issue should remain please contact HP support for assistance.

Please call our technical support at 800 474 6836. If you live outside the US/Canada Region, please click the link below to get a support number for your region.

World Wide Phone Support

Best of Luck!

Sparkles1

JJLuvzU
Level 4
Level 4
93 92 3 34
Message 3 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Sounds like you have a loose LED cable, you might want to get it checked at a service center.

"Appreicate a Kudo if you like my post or find it useful."
Dylan06
Author
5 2 0 0
Message 4 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi,

I did the above, and am still having problems with the back lighting

Regards,

Dylan

0 Kudos
Dylan06
Author
5 2 0 0
Message 5 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi,

thanks for your reply

I doubt it is a loose LED cable, because i got it swapped from the store i bought it at and found that the same problem occured again, but this time on the left side of the keyboard and with different colours. It seems to be a software issue.

Regards

Dylan

0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation