cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Shah56
1 1 0 0
Message 1 of 6
Flag Post

Hp Omen Left Fan runs slower than the right one

HP Recommended
HP Omen Notebook
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi,

As the title says, left fan runs considerably slower than the right one whenever im gaming or intensively using the laptop, i've confirmed it by setting the fans to maximum in the omen control settings aswell. Is this because of a faulty fan or is it a driver issue, previously left side of my backlit keyboard became really dim but i resolved that with a bios update, currently my bios is updated aswell. And i do not recall this problem occuring after any updates, it just randomly happened one day that the left fan became slower. I'm pretty sure they ran at the same full speed before as the fan design also seems identical, this is really a problem because now the notebook starts throttling when doing intensive gaming.

Any help regarding this issue would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance

0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
FlashRam1714
Retired
Retired
1,071 1,006 54 138
Message 2 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello @Shah56,

Thank you for visiting the HP Forums!

I came across your post and wanted to help you resolve the issue with the fan not working correctly in your HP Omen Notebook. This can be related to the hardware or drivers as you noted. 

Please begin with a hard reset. Once the notebook is back on follow the documents that pertain to cleaning and testing the hardware:

HP Notebook PCs - Reducing Heat Inside the PC to Prevent Overheating

HP Notebook PCs - Fan is Noisy and Spins Constantly, PC is Warmer than Normal

HP Notebook PCs - Testing for Hardware Failures (Windows 10, 😎

Please post back with the results!

If this information has helped you, click the thumbs up!

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom to say “Thanks” for helping.:smileyhappy:

I work on behalf of HP
0 Kudos
iMaxx
Level 8
Level 8
579 567 29 240
Message 3 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Both fans should run at a consistant speed with each other.

If the suggestions above to not help, calling support is your next best option.

(The slow fan, however, may be a bit clogged. A good blast of compressed air may get things unstuck!)

I am an HP Employee
Quality Manager - HP VR / Z Desktops
-----
iMaxx” FORMER VOODOO PC / HP LEGACY GAMING SERVICE MANAGER
While I am an HP employee, my comments and suggestions are my own and do not represent HP Inc.
0 Kudos
Shah56
Author
1 1 0 0
Message 4 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I'll try that thanks, though i doubt thats the issue since i've only used this notebook for about 4 months and there isn't a lot of dust where i live, i there are barely any signs of dust on the exposed heatsinks when i checked... i even updated to the new F.34a bios today and even that didn't resolve my issue.. going to try the hard reset thing now.. will update on how it goes.

Thank you for your advice

0 Kudos
iMaxx
Level 8
Level 8
579 567 29 240
Message 5 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I hope it fixes the issue.

Next option is to send her in to have the fan swapped out.

I am an HP Employee
Quality Manager - HP VR / Z Desktops
-----
iMaxx” FORMER VOODOO PC / HP LEGACY GAMING SERVICE MANAGER
While I am an HP employee, my comments and suggestions are my own and do not represent HP Inc.
0 Kudos
Davigleisi
2 2 0 1
Message 6 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello, i came across this thread and i'm wondering if i have the same issue. 

i use an

OMEN by HP Laptop PC – 17-W003NG (ENERGY STAR)

Modellnr.: W7A68EA

Seriennr.: 5CD62187YM

Unbenannt.PNG

greetings and thankfuls for replys

ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation