cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Cryokin
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

Hp Omen display not registering

HP Recommended
Hp Omen 15-5010nr
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

About 3 weeks ago my laptop's screen stopped working. I turned it off for the night and when I turned it back on, there was no display. The backlight still worked and I could control the brigtness of it, but  that is about all I could do. When I hooked the laptop up to an external display and checked if the internal display was still there. it wasen't.

I just want to know if this problem has anything to do with the hardware or the software.

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
SDF15
Retired
Retired
5,851 5,326 351 632
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello @Cryokin,

Thank you for visiting the HP Forums! A great place where you can find solutions for your issues, with help from the community!

I came across your post about the display issue, and wanted to help!

To test for a defective display, use the following steps:

1. Connect the computer to an external monitor with a VGA or HDMI connector cable.
  2. Connect AC power to the notebook and the external monitor.
  3. Press the Power button on the computer, and then press the Power button on the external monitor.
    If an image displays on the external monitor but not on the notebook display, download and install the latest BIOS, the latest graphics driver, and the latest CPU chipset. See the Obtaining Software and Drivers support document for more information.
    If there is still no image on the notebook display, there is a hardware problem with the notebook display. Contact HP for repair service.
    If there is no image on either the notebook display or the external monitor, and the computer does not start properly, this indicates a startup problem, not a display problem. See Troubleshooting Black Screen Displays with No Error Messages During Startup or Boot.

Source: HP Notebook PCs - Troubleshooting a Notebook LCD Panel Issue (Windows 8/8.1, 7)

Please let me know if this information helps you resolve the issue by marking this post as  "Accept as Solution" , this will help others easily find the information they may be looking for.  Also, clicking the Thumbs up below is a great way to say thanks!

Have a great day!

SDF15
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution.
Click the Thumbs Up to say “Thanks” for helping!
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation