cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
ogeeskeemask
Level 3
51 34 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post

If I Swap out Parts Will My 6000 Pro AIO be a Gaming Machine?

HP Recommended
HP Compaq 6000 Pro AIO
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Hello. I have been trying to game from my AIO, although I have a max RAM upgrade and have updated ALL of my drivers my CPU still seems to be struggling with some of my more current titles. I was considering (among other things) swapping the E6600, 2-MB cache, 3.06 GHz CPU with an E8500, 6-MB cache, 3.16 GHz or E8600, 6-MB cache, 3.33 GHz if this is even possible. I was also considering swapping out the Intel 4 Series Express Chipset Family with whatever it is I can fit there and because I'm not sure of the replacement part I will consider any compatible suggestions. Thanks!

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
williamsben16
Level 1
8 7 0 0
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

the E8600, 6-MB cache, 3.33 GHz will fit but is still is dual core cpu you really need a quad core cpu really

0 Kudos
ogeeskeemask
Author
Level 3
51 34 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I have yet to understand that part, what's wrong with just one processor that can do the job? If I can't combine these dual processors and get the job done how can I be so sure that a quad-core will do? An extra processor is only working (as far as I know) if it is activated manually, I have my money on a processors cache size and bus speed. Thanks for the answer though.

0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation